ELDERS BREAK UP GROUP OF SISTERS - WHY?

by juni 50 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

A friend told me tonight that the elders broke up a group of sisters who were all experiencing various degrees of depression and enjoyed the upbuilding association with each other.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS? ACCORDING TO THEM FOR TWO REASONS:

Because this looks bad to the cong. as these five sisters by their grouping together were forming an unsavory "clique". And, according to these elders, "We don't want people to think that we are starting to have a problem with depression and unhappiness."

Any comments?

Juni

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It has happened before in other congregations I know of - the WTS will not acknowledge it has a depression problem - and you all know the answer anyway -- DO MORE FIELD SERVICE

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    "We don't want people to think that we are starting to have a problem with depression and unhappiness."

So depression and unhappiness are ok, they just don't want people to know about it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Once again the WTS is more concerned about external image than actually helping people.

(Matthew 23:25-28) 25

"Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean. 27 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In that way YOU also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

• loosie
    loosie

Are these 5 sisters actually going to listen to them and not associate with each other.

They shouldn't let them have this kind of power over them.

They can't get in trouble for hanging out with each other. As long as they follow the rules. You can't get disfellowshipped for associating with someone who is good standing.

• luna2
    luna2

"Oh, Oh, OH! This doesn't honor Jehohum. People will get a bad impression of us and realize that we aren't all giddy, joyful and full of fruitage juice all day, every day. Oh my! Oh, dear! What will the congregation think? Worse, what will the Circuit Overlord think?"

"You stupid sisters need to stop encouranging one another and go get some Prozac! Also, be sure to attended ALL the meetings... Brother Dumbass will be looking for your hands, waving happily, during the WT study. We'll expect to see you out in service peddling the f**king Barftower and Asleep! rags every weekend too! We've had a special elders' meeting and decided that's all you girls should need to pull yourselves up by your bra straps, so to speak, and get all happy and content again....or at least to appear all happy and content which is just as, if not more, important. As you know, appearance is everything amongst Jehooter's hap...hap...happy people. Oh, and don't forget to pray, pray, pray...yeah, we know He doesn't really answer, but all that talking out loud to yourselves has to be good for something."

This stuff just makes me sick! Totally figures that people can't have the least little bit of encouragement or enjoyment. I hope all of those sisters slowly just fade out of this congregation. Stupid bunch of over-controling jerky elders! Grrrrrr.

• sf
    sf

Damn, all this activity coming out of Wisconsin. What the hell is going down there anyway? First the video, then the mail fraud, now this.

inbyathread, you sure stirred up some sort of hornets nest. Good going!

sKally

• sf
    sf

Say, who wants to call up one of the Wisconsin kingdumb hellholes tomorrow, during the meeting, and beg for a WT Study?

LOLOLOLOL

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Hey SF come on down August 19 for our ABC get-together. By that time this small flame will be up to a raging blow-out bonfire.

• blondie
    blondie

Get together and play cards.

Actually this is stupid...I know JWs who get together regularly to

Play cards

Watch sports

Woodworking

Work on restoring a car

Watch DVDs

What dorkwads!!!

These sisters should just get together and say they are playing cards.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit