ELDERS BREAK UP GROUP OF SISTERS - WHY?

by juni 50 Replies latest jw friends

• beezknees
    beezknees

why do the elders break up a group of sisters?.. because they can, jw's have given the power of their own mind over to others, no men can actually make you do anything,only if we choose to let them do it. When you are in the organization you are so used to being told what to do and think that you will go along with anything

• greendawn
    greendawn

That action was really retarded they should encourage ppl to form such groups to encourage and assist each other, and why not? The reasons they give for objecting are just silly and I wonder if they have any other hidden ones that they don't want to tell us about.

More importantly what will they do to help such depressed members and they are probably depressed because the JW environment they live in is not supportive and wholesome. They will probably tell them: pray on Jehovah more.

• Mary
    Mary
    And, according to these elders, "We don't want people to think that we are starting to have a problem with depression and unhappiness."

LMAO......ya, I can't imagine why any JW would have a problem with depression and unhappiness ......are Witnesses supposed to be "the happiest people on earth"???

Yes, "image" of the WTS is everything. The main problem is: the Organization does not have any trained, qualified, licensed therapists within the Borg to help those with depression, and they frown so severely on getting "worldly" help, that most Witnesses who are already suffering from feelings of worthlessness, don't take that route, less they be viewed as "weak". So they carry on in their own private hell for years and years, waiting for the New System to set everything straight.

In our Hall several years ago, about 4 or 5 sisters used to get together to "study" (but mostly to drink vino) the bible. They weren't using "bible aids", just the bible. Is this starting to sound familiar? Anyway, they were told by the elders to "stop it immediately" and that they couldn't get together to study the bible anymore, unless they used the Society's publications and had a brother (preferably an elder or MS) present. This was in the mid 1980s just a couple of years after CoC first came out and they were being totally paranoid about "independent thinking". What idiots.......

• juni
    juni

Mary - The experience you relate sounds exactly like what I and a sister had going in the 70's. We started w/John 1:1. We were discussing those several scriptures USING WHAT WE WERE TAUGHT so that we were clear on the teaching to help us when we taught others. Her husband was an elder and after 2 of our mtgs. we were asked to stop for the same reasons you stated. We both were appalled and felt guilty - like we had done something very bad. But, being good, obedient JW sisters we obeyed! Even though we knew it was innocent and we didn't agree.

TO ALL OF YOU: Thanks for your postings. Only underscores the fact that this org. wants to control your every thought and move. And even in areas that are not related to studying the Bible. Exercise???? I only wish that those that are still "in" would dispel their fear and consider what is going on. Though I'm sure some of this is not known by the cong. But, word does get around. Maybe some will reconsider. THOUGH IF YOU DO USE YOUR OWN JUDGMENT/MIND THEN YOU ARE LABELED AS AN INDEPENDANT THINKER. AND THAT WAS POUNDED INTO US AS THE FIRST STEP TO APOSTASY.

As others had posted, it's better not to spread around what you're doing as some want to cause trouble in their personal war on others' movtives. You know the ones. Those that sit in the judgment seat. And remember, the org. encourages you to keep the cong. "clean" - that is your personal duty before Jehovah.

BLAAAAAAAAHHHH - MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!

Juni

• carla
    carla

Maybe they need something new to read. Want me to send them something from SE WI?

• luna2
    luna2

Geeze...I guess it's easier to "handle" something like this (sisters getting together in groups for whatever reason) than to take care of more important (read: more difficult) congregational matters.

calico - I totally cannot believe that the elders interfered with those poor sisters merely sitting together at the meetings. It's like they have to stomp out every teeny, tiny bit of pleasure or happiness that people (mostly women, apparently) have been able to find in each other's company.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I think the Elders are told to discourage sisters closely associating with each other for any reason. One Elder told me that Sister drink to much and the majority are alcholics. WTF I thought. The man is a nut case. Anyway he said Elders are told to bust up sisters that are too close to each other especially if their are several who constanly hang out together for anything. Funny brothers could hang out go backpacking, camping, play basketball, or sports if they wanted but Sisters couldn't. I told this Elder that that sounded to me like the brothers were frightened of the very intelligent women who were their sisters. He got all red in the face and blustered all over himself. That jerk finally moved to Virginia, hope he's dead by now.

• calico
    calico
    Anyway he said Elders are told to bust up sisters that are too close to each other especially if their are several who constanly hang out together for anything.

This is so weird--Is this in writing anywhere? Or is it another one of those unwritten rules?

I know brothers who spend a LOT of time with each other. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I am so sick of CONTROL FREAKS!!!!!!!!!!

• carla
    carla

Why do they call people at the hall 'the friends' if they can't have any?

• calico
    calico
    Why do they call people at the hall 'the friends' if they can't have any?

EXCELLENT QUESTION----ROFLMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit