I was kinda down and out today....

by IronClaw 45 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Iron Claw I can feel for you because I had to face just such a thing.

I took all the abuse and felt obliged to solve the problem and keep the marriage.

I had two minor children at that time.

I knew but ignored that there is no rule or law that states "one must stay still and take all beatings" even more so if it is some one you love.

Today I would try to solve the problem and if it proves not solvable I would divorce to save my mind and keep my right to having a happy life.

Just a suggestion to be considered.

Outoftheorg

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    I started thinking what a waste life is when you don't have anyone to share beautiful moments like this with. It kind of takes away from the beauty and serenity when you look at it from just one set of eyes.

Sorry your day was a bummer IC. But I can relate to your feelings and that song is one of my favorites. From time to time I take a ride to some scenic place and then it hits me. I'm alone with no one to share the moment with. It happens at other times too. It really sucks!

Then again.......I always get bummed out this time of year. Unlike you with a wife who views you as dead..........I don't have a wife. Wish I did though! Next month will be 10 years since my wife died and although the "heartache and pain" are gone, I still have memories and wish I could go back.

I've dated some nice ladies, but nothing worked out as a permanent thing.

Just hang in there. Moshe suggested a marriage counselor. If your wife is agreeable, maybe this might work. Is she still in dubland?

HappyDad

• atypical
    atypical

IronClaw, I'm really sorry for what you're going through. My wife is also hard-core dub. It is a lonely position to be in, my friend. Just know that you got friends here. I remember you posted a really cool response to one of my threads, and I just want you to know I will take you up on that offer to throw the football around anytime.

Hang in there, bro.

Atypical

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love the choir in the song. They take the song to the heights of spiritual angst. Very haunting and beautiful.

I understand how you feel. My marriage to a JW ended, after 20 years. I have my soulmate now. I told Andy today though, I would feel better if my former husband was with his soulmate and happy now, too. I'm not recommeding divorce though, not if there are kids still at home and your wife is willing to work on things, go to a counselor, etc.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Today I would try to solve the problem and if it proves not solvable I would divorce to save my mind and keep my right to having a happy life.

OutoftheOrg: This is exactly where I am at right now. On the verge of saving my mind.

HappyDad: Yes she is a diehard Dub.

The Claw

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

CLAW: I'm so sorry. Thanks for sharing the lyrics, it's a beautiful song. I empathize about your wife. I wonder what's going on with her? When my mom was d'fed, an elder told me that I have to take a stand and choose between mom and Jehovah. Who do I love more? I'm just thinking, she must be under tremendous pressure to treat you like crap. Also, because JWs don't know what true love is, her 'friends' may treat her differently too. I hope you two can work things out. If not, I pray you heal and move on because there are good women out there who will love you no matter what. Don't lose hope. God bless - V Sky

HAPPY DADDY: I'm really sorry about your wife too. I pray you'll meet someone wonderful.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Atypical: Yeah we got alot in common man. I remember that post I made on your thread. But hey its baseball season soon, so we'll have to throw a baseball around and have a few beers.

FlyHigh: So glad to hear you made it. I hope I can too.

VictorianSky: I hope you're right.

The Claw.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Maudlin eh? Wonder what that's like? BS unc. I knows and relate strongly with your post

Great song Iron Claw. I heard that Losing My Religion (by REM?) is one of the most popular songs/anthems in the US. It is here too.

best wishes unc

Losing My Religion

Life is bigger
    It's bigger than you
    And you are not me
    The lengths that I will go to
    The distance in your eyes
    Oh no I've said too much
    I set it up

Of every waking hour I'm
    Choosing my confessions
    Trying to keep an eye on you
    Like a hurt lost and blinded fool
    Oh no I've said too much
    I set it up

Consider this
    The hint of the century
    Consider this
    The slip that brought me
    To my knees failed
    What if all these fantasies
    Come flailing around
    Now I've said too much
    I thought that I heard you laughing
    I thought that I heard you sing

I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream
    That was just a dream

That's me in the corner
    That's me in the spotlight
    Losing my religion
    Trying to keep up with you
    And I don't know if I can do it
    Oh no I've said too much
    I haven't said enough
    I thought that I heard you laughing
    I thought that I heard you sing
    I think I thought I saw you try

Every whisper

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hard times indeed, dear Claw.So sorry to hear it. And yes, you will make it. It may not feel like it right now, but you really will.

Get whatever help you need to see you through and know that we are here for you too((())).

And the picture? I just googled iron claw.

~Merry

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Thanks Unc. another lover of good music.

Merry: If you only knew how much this forum has helped me. I know I have found true unconditional friends. It brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. Dave( Seven006 ) really had it right. We are like a small family here. Allways here when one is in need. I am so grateful.

The SoftClaw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit