Intensely lonely

by Cabin in the woods 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Hi Mary, I'm sorry you're feeling loney, I think everyone here knows how painful that is, losing people we thought were life long friends. For such 'loving' people it's amazing how quick JWs leave years of friendship and never look back. That's not your fault, it's their loss. Now you have us. So write anytime. Your cabin sounds wonderful. I love the Bed and Breakfast idea, you'd meet all kinds of people and make money at the same time. Just curious, what is it about Alaska that appeals to you? I'd like to go on a cruise there to see the whales. Anyway, you're not alone, we care and so does God.

• wednesday
    wednesday

hi Mary,

i'm not up on a hill, or housebound, but you can e lonely in a city with people all around you. If you are able to leave the house, one way or another, it woud lbe good. Even once a week, join something. I myself don't leave my house much, just when necessary.Also I spent many years too with jws, and they do drop you like a hot potato.

pm me , if you like too, and i'll give you my yahoo messanger ,.. I have a cable connection so it looks like i'm always online, but i'm not. so please dont' get offended if i do not always respond. I just leave the computer on all the time, but am not sitting here

welcome to JWD.

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Mary))) Welcome

This is a great place to be....

Too bad the chat isn't back...that was a lot of fun too!!!

Codeblue

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

i have lupus and 6 months a year it is dark in Ak. In Vt it is light 12 months a year. I just gotta get there.

Do you all realize how you have made me feel? I am at 3 glasses of wine and absolutely delirious over the responses. How many times have you needed friendsin the truth and they could not squeeze you into their busy schedule. This is the best place I have ever known.

BTW I would give anything to run a bed and breakfast. My grandmother did at the turn of the century ( the last one) and my aunt on the other side of my family as well.

Thank you all so much for all that you have done for me.

m.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

You know what really stands out to me here:???? I said that I have been drinking wine and not one person has put me down or discredited me for doing such a thing.

Thank you for letting me feel safe among you.

Mary

• Calliope
    Calliope

VERMONT!!! i've been to vt often. i love it. i never wanted to live in the states, but vermont is dear to me. sure, if you had a bed a breakfast, i'd be there in a flash... but all you need to do is send me an invite, and that's all i need. there was this old "resort" we use to go to, i think it was in a place called Barney (?), it was awesome. right accross from a lake with 8 cabins. oh, it was suh-wah-heet. anyway, i can relate to feeling lonely, especially when surrounded by such the irony of beauty... cal.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Hiya, Cabininthewoods! Welcome to JWD! How did you find us? I hate that you feel so lonely up there.

A bed 'n breakfast would surely bring people to you. This forum is open 24/7 and we have people from all over the world posting here, France, the UK, Australia, Canada, North America, South America, Scotland, etc. so there's always someone on board to help keep you from feeling so isolated.

If there's an apostafest near you, would you come?

Frannie (of the deep in the heart of Texas class)

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

aposta fest... you betcha I would!!!!!

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

A few years ago I used to deliver to all the Price Chopper Supermarkets in Vermont. I would leave NY on Sunday afternoons and go to New Lebanon N.H. then work my way up to Rutland, Barre and St. Johnsbury. Some lovely sites in Vermont I must say. Welcome to the Board.

The Claw.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I live right out side of Barre!!! Where do you live right now?

Is it close to this.:??????

Maybe we could arrange an apostafest????

Mary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit