Intensely lonely

by Cabin in the woods 47 Replies latest jw friends

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Hi Mary, and welcome. I'm new here too.

When you say you can't get anything done, are you talking about every day stuff - like chore type thingys?

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Hi Mary!

We have a lot in common. I have a genetic blood disease that has caused lupus and a host of other unwanted maladies. I also am homebound quite often. Every time I try to do something on a regular basis my body freaks out and I am back in bed.

I live in the beautiful High Desert of Southern California, the Mojave. I live off a little road, down a bumpy dirt road to a long dirt driveway. I have five acres and awesome views ten miles from a small desert town. I was alone for many years trying to raise a very unhappy teenager. He hated being out here. After many years single I finally remarried and it kinda exacerbated my lupus, the excitement and all

I'm so glad you found this great supportive forum. We have all wandered in different directions after the Watchtower but we all share one important thing, we survived. We are survivors! If I can figure out how to use my Yahoo messenger I'll message you if you like. You can email me at [email protected] and put "JWD" in the email subject so I know who you are.

Love~Kate

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL @ Mary:

I said that I have been drinking wine and not one person has put me down or discredited me for doing such a thing.

I was just wondering if you would share a glass with me? I'm out and don't feel like making the trip to the market......sigh.

Well cyber cheers to ya!

*clink*

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I would love to share glass of wine with you. Do you like white?? I am usually a red wine drinker. But this was on sale and all. hehhe!

come over and I will pour you a glass.

Mary

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

The last glass of wine I had gave me pancreatitus WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Oh it was so yummy going down too, very smooth. There is a place out here called "Hadleys Fruit Orchards" and they have the smoothest wines.

I gotta be honest with ya Mary, the only ones I have seen judgemental around here are those who are sincere and well meaning but try to defend Watchtower doctrine and policies to us. Or think they are going to bravely face the apostates with "the truth" since the time is so short and all

I hope you are feeling better!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

aye Mary the best wine is the one that lands in my glass and the more the merrier!

Thank you!

• Fleur
    Fleur

Welcome, Mary!

Sorry to hear about your health issues...I have a long laundry list of them myself. It can make anyone feel isolated even in the most supportive of families and circles...it's so much harder when you're on your own. I hope you can connect with some folks here and make a nice support circle for yourself, no one should (or can, really, in my opinion) deal with all this JW stuff alone...and you're so newly out...it's all going to be a rollercoaster for awhile.

The good news (no not that kind LOL) is that you're FREE now! And there are a LOT of us out here who have escaped the tower as well. The best and most peaceful days of your life can be ahead of you.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other when it gets rough, and talk about it here. Lots. That's what helped me :)

hugs

essie

• vitty
    vitty

Hi

Ive sometimes had a little to drink when ive felt down and then posted here Everyone has always been kind and never judged me, even though the next day I read what ive said and been really embarrist.

So welcome and have another one for me

• ballistic
    ballistic

Mary (Cabin In The Woods) - glad you stayed to check this place out. I'll be doing plenty of wine drinking to celebrate me leaving work at the moment but I'd love to have a chat on the messenger some time shortly.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi Mary

Just so you know. You have friends here

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit