New Lawsuit: Roe v. Wade for Men

by Elsewhere 79 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

It's simple really...I you can't do the "time"...don't do the "crime"...

It's all about personal responsibility...not whose the most to blame.

****oh gawd I almost quoted a scripture.....gag****

u/d

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I agree that it's about time a suit like this was filed. I hope he wins for mens' sake.

Now, let me tell you why I have this opinion....

THREE TIMES women have tried to decieve me into having children. Two of them lied about being on birth control, the third one gave me a guilt trip and refused me sex because I insisted on wearing a condom.

I have read countless experiences about guys who were decieved into believing that she was on the pill. In one experience, a guy and his woman went out to a nice dinner and had a bit to drink. They went back to her place and had sex. He couldn't find the condoms, but she assured him that she was on the pill. So, he had sex without a condom.

The next morning at the breakfast table, he sees something in the trash and asked what it was. She replied "Oh that's my birth control pill package. I stopped taking them two weeks ago." He got mad, gave her shit for decieving him, and ordered her to come with him to the drug store to get the morning after pill. She started crying.

He literally dragged her ass to the drug store, got the pill, shoved it in her mouth, and immediately dumped her ass afterward. She repeatedly tried calling him, but he refused to answer.

I don't blame him for his actions.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Nosferatu, that is precisely why I agree with the claims in the lawsuit.

Contrary to what was expressed earlier, women have 100% control over whether or not to have a child. Bottom line: If she finds herself pregnant, she can terminate it, but a man cannot. [period]

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

If a woman doesn't want to have children, she must employ birth control. If a man doesn't want to have children, he must employ birth control. Birth control is not just the female's job.

I feel for you and others who were decieved by women; however, I have no more sympathy for these 'tricked' men than I do for a woman who uses the excuse that 'he said he loved me and not to worry about it, or he said he had a vasectomy, etc.'

• upside/down
    upside/down

This sounds like people arguing over the "rules" of Russian Roulette.

Shit... it you can't live with the outcome...You have CHOICES!!!

Either, 1) Never play the game...as it is inherently dangerous and risky.

2) If you do "play"...make sure the damn gun AINT LOADED.

All other options... involve risk.

Wise people know this...and narrow the risks...or don't "play".

Duhhhhh

u/d

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    If a woman doesn't want to have children, she must employ birth control. If a man doesn't want to have children, he must employ birth control. Birth control is not just the female's job.

Unfortunately men have very very few options regarding birth control. At the end of the day it is either a condom or vasectomy. There isn't much else available out there.

Women, try to imagine life if all of the sudden you no longer had access to the birth-control pill, patch, NuvaRing, sponge, diaphragm, IUD, "morning after pill", etc... and the only options you had were Tubal Ligation and putting the equivalent of a sandwich bag inside yourself. That is the kind of choice we men have to deal with.

Trust me, when it comes to choice, women have all of the best options.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think this makes perfect sense. Regardless of the fact that two parties are required for pregnancy to occur, the law gives 100% choice in deciding whether to give birth to that child in the

hands of the woman. This I totally agree with. Having said that, if the man had no intention of fathering a child nor any interest in raising said child, he should certainly have the "opt out"

clause, if the woman insists on having the child. Men and women should have equal choices when accidents happen. Nobody forces the woman to give birth to the child, nor should an unintentional

father be forced to pay for said child should the woman decide to keep it.

• blondie
    blondie
    Unfortunately men have very very few options regarding birth control.

There is always abstinence

Actually, the reason why women finally have more choices re BC started with a woman called Margaret Sanger. Before that things were very crude and it was the woman who would be doing the dying if there was a problem with the birth. I was amazed that most women in the 1800's were pregnant almost every year and many died before reaching 30.

Blondie

• Krystal
    Krystal

OMG! This is the most RIDICULOUS thing I have EVER heard!

Sorry, but actions have consequences!

You don't want the financial responsiblity of having a child.... MASTERBATE!

I am so sick of hearing men "spreading their seed" and then b$ching about the outcome! Did you not attend Sex-ed class?

AHHH! Sperm and egg make baby. You don't want baby... DONT put the sperm and egg together!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I guess we men need our own Buddy Sanger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit