New Lawsuit: Roe v. Wade for Men

by Elsewhere 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Krystal
    Krystal
    If a woman can choose to terminate a pregnancy, then a man should have just as much say in the matter.

No a man shouldn't... don't you see that a woman is much more connected to a pregnancy than a man?

This is not an EQUAL situation and that is why the "rights to choose" are not "equal".

Due to NATURE a woman is immediately more involved in a pregnancy than a man.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    No a man shouldn't... don't you see that a woman is much more connected to a pregnancy than a man?

Emotional Hurt vs Financial Hurt.

Tell me which one is worse.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is not an EQUAL situation and that is why the "rights to choose" are not "equal".

Due to NATURE a woman is immediately more involved in a pregnancy than a man.

Oh, so it's not really his child until he pays child support or provides room and board for the woman and the child.

• Krystal
    Krystal

Emotional!! Obviously!

If you can put your walllet before your feelings... omg.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Emotional!! Obviously!

Emotional..... for a woman.
    Financial..... for a man.

That's equality.

• Krystal
    Krystal
    Oh, so it's not really his child until he pays child support or provides room and board for the woman and the child

Of course it is his,

But a pregnancy involves a woman's time, attention and life.

Besides, most single mothers provide for themselves also!

Usually, a woman's involvement is both emotional and financial

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    If an unplanned pregnancy occurs, the woman has no choice but to decide what to do next

Currently the man is denied that right. The man is denied the right to choose or to be involved in the woman's choice.

If she decides to give it up, I don't believe it is fair to the woman to give the man the right to make her keep it. It is her body and unless there was a way to extract the embryo and incubate it for the man to keep/raise then that is the womans decision.

If she decides to keep it, the man cannot make her abort it. (nor should men be granted this "right")

You seem to be reading quite a lot into what is not said.

I don't recall anywhere in this thread anyone suggesting a woman should be forced into an abortion, nor that she be forced to give up her baby, nor that she be forced to keep it. I don't recall anywhere in this thread anyone suggesting that men should be given the right to "force" a woman to do anything. Currently a man has no choices, no input, no recourse. I do not believe that is fair either.

Ultimetly, no matter what happens, the man has a responsiblity to his unborn child. I mean really, men want to be able to say, "well, your mom wouldn't kill but I don't want you so I am not paying for a thing"

Well the scenario is that this is an unplanned pregnancy and there is a disagreement between the man and the woman over what each wants, i.e. one (man or woman) wants the baby and one (man or woman) doesn't.

You seem to be fixated on the idea that men are wanting to force women to terminate the pregnancy. Again, I don't see where anyone anywhere is advocating that.

The issue is whether men should be allowed choices and be given legal rights and legal protection.

The idea of granting people rights and freedoms is to protect the innocent and make people responsible for their actions. I don't want to see the law being used to allow people to opt out of their responsibilities!

No not really. There are certainly responsibilities that come with rights, but there is also protection as well.

The man should be allowed a legal right to have a choice as well.

• Krystal
    Krystal
    The issue is whether men should be allowed choices and be given legal rights and legal protection

Specify.

Tell me what rights and protection a man should have.

What decisions should he have input on? What would you want the right to do in such a case?

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21
    I have a question, besides financially, why should the man have a right to choose for the women who is carrying the baby?
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I have a question, besides financially, why should the man have a right to choose for the women who is carrying the baby?

Well, if you eliminate the financial issue, the woman can do whatever the hell she wants with the baby!

But if the law is enforcing that men be involved financially, he should have a say in what he's potentionally going to spend his money on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit