New Lawsuit: Roe v. Wade for Men

by Elsewhere 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog
    To put it in crass terms, in a business situation, this is a bait-and-switch scenario.

Oh big tex, what a compeltely inappropriate analogy! we're talking about sexual relations here, a social not commerical arrangment!! perhaps overly concerned men could invite their solicitor to the bedroom to nagate the nerms of the deal before the deed is done lol.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    we're talking about sexual relations here, a social not commerical arrangment!!

Yes I realize that. I did read the title of the thread. I could use your reply back to you when women sue for child support.

Why do you have a problem with both sides having legal rights and protection?

boys should just keep it in their pants

Girls should as well.

Yes if everyone used common sense and just a little bit of concern for the other party we wouldn't have an issue. But that's not reality. Isn't that what we've been told about the spread of HIV and the need for sex education: that people don't keep it in their pants. So there is a need to enact measures that will outline legal rights and responsibilities for both parties.

Chris

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

It's about damn time someone filed a suit like this.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I once saw a lawsuit where a man was liable for child support after a woman gave him oral and then later used that to impregnate herself. The man claim something like "fraudulent reproduction". The court ruled that when he was "finished" what he left was a "gift" and no longer under his control and there for what she did with it was up to her.

Perhaps this lawsuit will change the status from a "gift" to "abandoned in place" meaning he is no longer financially liable.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    perhaps overly concerned men could invite their solicitor to the bedroom to nagate the nerms of the deal before the deed is done lol.

Or overly concerned women? C'mon, Frog, look at both sides of this -- in a sexual encounter, unless it is rape, there are TWO people involved who have responsibility. The only completely innocent bystander is the child that is the result of the union.

I'm really tired of "man bashing." There are a lot of good, responsible men out there who don't deserve it. I'm married to one of them. Yes, we carry the babies, we deliver the babies, it's our bodies, yadda yadda. Ultimately, though, it's not about the man or the woman -- it's about the child. What is best for that child's upbringing?

I think making both parents accountable is a good thing, though it is sure going to make for a lot more litigation. However, since I work for lawyers, that IS job security!

Nina

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Men control the decision-making 100%. They decide whether or not to have sex.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Men control the decision-making 100%. They decide whether or not to have sex

Don't women decide to have sex as well? Or do men rape women every time?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Both individuals decide to have sex; therefore both individuals are 100% responsible for the results. Each person has full and conscious knowledge of the possible repercussions of their acts.

Please keep in mind that men also argue the counter-argument. Many couples are afraid to adopt newborns given up by women who have chosen not to have an abortion, but to give up the child because these same guys can come back and assert their 'parental rights.' We have all seen tragic cases such as this on the evening news.

This same 'mens' organization has been at the forefront of legally establishing men's parental rights; now they want to argue that they do not want the corresponding parental financial responsibility. Such spin doctors are worthy of Bethel!!!

If you are a woman, the only way you to shield yourself against such consequences is not to have sex; If you are a man, the only way to shield yourself against such consequences is not to have sex.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    If you are a woman, the only way you to shield yourself against such consequences is not to have sex; If you are a man, the only way to shield yourself against such consequences is not to have sex

On this I agree with you wholeheartedly.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Bad grammar...sorry. Each person has full and conscious knowledge of the possible repercussions of his or her acts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit