Getting married in the kingdom hall ( ..."have you had sex?")

by slimboyfat 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

My husband and I were asked. It is part of having an elder give your wedding talk. I believe they ask even if you are not getting married in the KH. But if you admit to having sex with your intended, they will not let you marry in the KH.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    We plan to get married in the KH in the autumn. Will the elders quiz us as to whether we have had sex beforehand?

Depends on how much of a goody goody you two are within the congregation. Goody goodies don't get asked questions like that especially if either of you are elders kids.

If they do ask you're gonna have to lie (That's assuming you have had sex b4) or you could both end up getting disfellowshipped. If you tell the truth you can count out a wedding at the hall and as someone else has already pointed out everyone else will know why you cant get married in a hall.

If I said no and lied, would that affect the brother's relationship with Jehovah?
    The reason they wont allow you to get married in the hall if you've been up to no good is that they believe your marriage would soil they hall (its the house of Jehovah after all) So yes you could well end up defiling the temple so to speak. ...That's if you believe such crap. Looks like you have gone from one sticky situation to another. lol
  • MissBehave
    MissBehave

If he asks you could always say "Brother, I'm so glad you brought up that subject. My lovely bride-to-be and I have some questions that maybe you could help us with. Exactly how does this sex thing work? Could you explain to us how it's done. We know that according to the "Young People Ask" book that when a man and a woman love each other they "lie very close together". But what do we do after that?" If he starts to look uncomfortable then ask more embarassing questions. Or if he looks too comfortable answering, just scream "Ewwww, that's gross" and run away real fast. It could be fun!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    If I said no and lied, would that affect the brother's relationship with Jehovah

Don't forget, the elders are all "Spirit Directed" which means they already know the answer to any question they may ask you!!!

The only reason they ask is to see if you will lie!

I suggest you wear a Garlic Necklace and put copious amounts of olive oil in your hair... this will shield you from the scanning beams coming from Jehover's Holy Molly Spirit and will allow you to lie without the Holy Molly Spirit being able to know!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was once told that a Gentleman never tells. Wonder if that would work?

James

• Scully
    Scully

You could say that you and the fiancée have always had a chaperone. Jehovah™ counts as a chaperone, right?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It was an old family friend that married us. He asked "have you been naughty?"

If you tell them, then they will not only not allow it in the hall, they will also bring you before a JC before you can blink.

What you do is your own conscience, but it doesn't affect the goon. How does your "intended" feel about it? Is she similarly apostate in her thinking? Ya have to think about being evenly yoked ya know

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Slimboyfat

You WILL be asked - at least I am 99.9% of it. I saw the notes the an elder had when he married a few couples.

If your wedding plans are very well advanced, i.e. you have selected a time and place it may be best to refuse to answer the question directly.

A lie is a lie, whatever the reason, and when it concerns wrongdoing, you will both have to live with it.

You could always confess later and be put on reproof, as one couple I know did.

A wedding day should be a great day for you and yours, the family etc.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

She does not believe in the Witnesses. Although she was brought up a Witness, she has never been commited.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Kingdom Hall weddings are sooooo boring!!! Why would anyone want to have one there??? This is your wedding day...have some fun!!!

Why not at a beautiful park or ornate building or something??? There are tons of places for rent now that are showplaces for weddings!!! The KH has so many rules! You can't do this... or that.... why put yourself through that?

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit