Did U Know A Lot Of "Cuckoo" JWs???

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Does that qualify as "cuckoo"?

Pretty much.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

There was a poor man with a wife and two kids at our Hall. He struggled to make ends meet at a low paying job, and to keep up with the burdens placed upon him as a ministerial servant. He eventually had a nervous breakdown and was laughed at by the elders. One went so far as to say, "Ha-ha, I guess life is just too big for E. to handle!" They acted like he must just be spiritually weak, as not much credence was given to mental illness back then. The elder who said this was my father, and this was one of the few times I can recall thinking poorly of him in my growing up years.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

I struggle to think of any JW's I knew growing up that today I would consider fairly normal. I'm not saying they weren't nice people, but I think alot of them were odd or had problems. And I think that is a big attraction for religions like the JW's. It's a place to be accepted when you might not fit in out there in the real world.

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmmm, maybe some of us are a little "odd" still......

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

odd in a very good way!!

• Tish
    Tish

We used to have loadz of nutters - one sis used to be able to get 5 rows all to herself by eating enough raw garlic to see the whole crew off from Blade 3 off she used to sit at the front on a Sunday and the poor guy giving the Public Discourse would obivously be sitting down wind to her - oh our bellies ached esp if he was boring!!!

• minimus
    minimus

The elder's wife that regularly talked to herself used to fart along with her weird husband. People avoided them like the plague.....garlic lovers, too.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I could fill a page with tales of lice ridden, mentally unstable people that were dragged into the Kingdom Hall by zealous publishers in our congregation. The worse one was the guy who turned out to have TB. Great! That one sent a ripple through the brotherhood! We had our usual share of allergic types wearing masks and hiding in the corners. Finally the CO said, "Friends, Jehovah is not curing mental illness in our day. That will come in the near future. Until then, please spend your time with people capable of making an informed choice to become one of Jehovah's witnesses. Anyone unable mentally to do so will be treated by Jehovah with due mercy." In other words, leave the cuckoos at home.

W.Once

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

There are about a half dozen mentally retarded dubs in a local congo and they are constantly shooed out of the big hall by the MSs to sit in the crying room.

The real lunatics are the super-dubs. I honestly expect that one day one or more will decide to start an Armageddon seeing how they orgasm at the very thought of death.

• minimus
    minimus

Every Hall should have a "crying room".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit