Did U Know A Lot Of "Cuckoo" JWs???

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I knew a number of elder's wives that were nuts. One in particular used to talk to herself regularly.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Did U Know A Lot Of "Cuckoo" JWs???

Min, I think you're insulting these birds!

I'd rather have a flock of these guys around me than a bunch of JWs.

But yeah, most of the JWs I knew were very odd.

W

• gumby
    gumby

You'll see more goofy people in a Kingdom Hall and Pentecostal/Evangelizing type church than in a back alley.

The reason is, they get befriended by people like the dubs who show goofy people attention if the goofy people act interested, they get attention that goofy people need. You'll find addicts, drunks, white trash, unemployed, homeless people, in the churches that cater to the lost, but in a Kingdom Hall, you get a higher class bunch a goofy losers who need attention. Some of them even become of the annointed so they can get even more attention.

Gumby......of the still half goofy class but really workin on it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I remember "Radar Man".

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

One guy in our hall claimed (and he believed this) he had converted so many to the "Truth" in Atlanta the clergy were looking for him he claimed the number was over 20,000 he was also a partaker at memorial and would make wild claims about elders were out to get him (OK maybe that part was belivable)

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Most of the ones I knew that would qualify as "goofy" in most people's eyes were the ones who were SOOO sincere about it. Their whole lives revolved around "the truth," unlike many of us there who did other things and tried to SAY our lives revolved around being a JW. I feel sorry for them now, looking back.

• Chimene
    Chimene

We had a brother that was on heavy duty drugs for most of his life, before becoming a JW. He used to raise his hand all the time to answer a question, if he didn't get called on, he would shout out the answer.

Before and after the meetings, he would come and stand in front of you, with is hands together staring, smiling so big, you could see all the teeth in his mouth, but wouldn't say a word, just stared, drove me nuts. I used to hide from him.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm lovin' this thread! There was an old pioneer that used to tell householders that "Jesus was going to turn them into a PIG" if they didn't listen to him. I do miss that guy!

• gumby
    gumby
    We had a brother that was on heavy duty drugs for most of his life, before becoming a JW. He used to raise his hand all the time to answer a question, if he didn't get called on, he would shout out the answer.

Before and after the meetings, he would come and stand in front of you, with is hands together staring, smiling so big, you could see all the teeth in his mouth, but wouldn't say a word, just stared, drove me nuts. I used to hide from him.

LMAO ! You sound like a hoot! Yeah, seems like there was at least one oddball in every Hall. I was usually the poor nice bastard that had to go door to door with these ones and get embarrased. One old guy on the AIDS AWAKE! article said at the doors"ya know, Jehovah don't like those fag fellas". I thought I was gonna shit my pants! Gumby

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

I have to agree with Gumby here. As a regular pioneer for over 7 yrs, I was constantly admonisheded to seek out those "sighing and crying" and was trained how to look for these ones. I remember the pioneer meetings before the circuit assemblies being the worst for that. They would go into so much detail on how we could get into, what I now know, those with mental illness. We were trained where to look for them. We actually had favorite territories because we would find the outcasts of society among them and of course, they would cling to anyone who showed them "compassion" and offered them a wonderful sounding pipe dream. Plus, they were typically not educated so didn't have the critical thinking skills necessary to assess motive, etc. When informal witnessing became the new thing, we were trained how to look for those who were weak from a devastating event such as death, divorce, or job loss.

Which begs the question, "Why are "apostates" accused of taking advantage of people when they are doing it themselves?"

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit