April KM - Handbill Distribution

by stillajwexelder 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cellist
    Cellist

I thought I read that the KMs are up on the reexaminer site.

Cellist

• LDH
    LDH
    "WORLDWIDE CAMPAIGN TO ADVERTISE THE "DELIVERANCE AT HAND !" DISTRICT CONVENTION "

Notice there is not a worldwide campaign to advertise that "Deliverance is at hand." That's just the name of their crap ass district convention.

Now back when Rutherford Knorr and Franz were ballers, you wore a sandwich board proclaiming the END OF THE WORLD.

As far as I'm concerned, this is like those ad campaigns that say

"GOING OUT FOR BUSINESS SALE!"

Just cheap marketing wordplay designed to whip the JW into a frothing frenzy while the rest of the world gets on with living.

Lisa

• blondie
    blondie

Does anyone remember distributing this tract in 1982 (over 23 years ago)?

*** Kingdom News No. 31 pp. 1-2 Are We Nearing Armageddon? ***

ARMAGEDDON—Not

a Reason to Fear, but to Hope!
    World events in fulfillment of prophecy show that we are deep into the "last days," in "critical times hard to deal with." (2 Timothy 3:1-5) This means that we are nearing the Biblical "Armageddon." (Revelation 16:16) The magazine Family Weekly noted that many "believe that the social order is collapsing, with Armageddon just around the corner."

or in 1981

*** kn30 p. 1 Kingdom News No. 30 Is Planet Earth Near the Brink?

Pollution

Energy Crisis

Violent Crime & Terrorism

Arms Race

Famine

Inflation

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Am I having a deja vu experience.....or was there already a "Deliverance Is At Hand" or "Our Deliverance Is At Hand" title of a convention? It sounds so familiar!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Does anyone remember distributing this tract in 1982 (over 23 years ago)?

Blondie.....to be perfectly honest....they ALL blend together in my memory! Having been "in" since before I was baptized in 1972, I was there for every one of those "campaigns"...that we were all so SURE would "be the last one"!

Silly old me.....

Annie

• blondie
    blondie

Sunspot, I remember the 1982 tract because everyone hated presenting it to the people at the doors. Can you imagine, a big tract with the word Armageddon blazoned across it?

Blondie

At the convention in May 1926, the book Deliverance was released.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

*** kn31 pp. 1-4 Are We Nearing Armageddon? *** Kingdom News No. 31

Are We Nearing Armageddon?

ARMAGEDDON—Not

a Reason to Fear, but to Hope!

World events in fulfillment of prophecy show that we are deep into the "last days," in "critical times hard to deal with." (2 Timothy 3:1-5) This means that we are nearing the Biblical "Armageddon." (Revelation 16:16) The magazine Family Weekly noted that many "believe that the social order is collapsing, with Armageddon just around the corner."

However, the approach of Armageddon should not be a cause for fear, but for real hope! Why? Because Armageddon is God’s war to cleanse the earth of all wickedness, paving the way for a bright, prosperous new order! The Bible explains that then the righteous "will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."—Psalm 37:11.

With bad conditions forever gone, every day of life then will be a delight. Not even sickness or death will mar the happiness of people. God will "wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore."—Revelation 21:4.

How

can you be confident that a better world is near?

Millions of people have gained such confidence by regularly reading The Watchtower and Awake! Each year more than 400 million copies are printed in over 100 languages. These magazines point readers to the fulfillment of Bible prophecies that show how Armageddon will soon open the way to eternal blessings for all lovers of righteousness.

The Watchtower November 1, 1981

"The End of the World"—Something to Fear or to Hope For?

The issue at the left contained convincing evidence that Armageddon is something to hope for. Some of the other subjects in recent issues of "The Watchtower" were:

THE BIBLE—Can We Believe It Today?

CHRIST’S RETURN—How? When?

DO ALL RELIGIONS LEAD TO GOD?

SICKNESS—What Hope for Relief?

RIVALRY BETWEEN WORLD POWERS—Did the Bible Foretell It?

Awake! November 8, 1981

Will There Ever Be a Real Paradise

In addition to the fascinating issue shown here, "Awake!" has covered these vital topics:

THE BROTHERHOOD OF MAN—Just a Dream?

WORLD WAR III—Can Anybody Stop It?

YOU CAN FIGHT DEPRESSION!

MARRIAGE OR "LIVING TOGETHER"—Which Is Better?

"I SURVIVED THE TITANIC"—But Will You Survive a Greater Disaster?

Did you miss any of the above articles? You will not want to miss the coming issues.

‘They

don’t beat around the bush’

The Watchtower February 1, 1981

Can You Love Your Neighbor and Smoke?

Awake! March 22, 1981

Does Religion Belong in Politics?

One reader said: "The Watchtower and Awake! are my ‘lifelines.’ I would not want to be without them." Another wrote:

"I wanted to tell you that I think your magazines are very interesting and also very helpful when it comes to finding out Bible principles. . . . I’m a Catholic and I don’t think I’ve ever heard or seen the Bible and its glorious message proclaimed in quite the way the Witnesses do it. Even though people are prejudiced and though the times are hard, I hope that you will be able to continue in your work. I’ve been to different churches and it feels good knowing that there’s someone out there who doesn’t beat around the bush when it comes to the Bible and its meaning. It’s a refreshing change."

You also can have these two Bible-based journals delivered to your home by filling in and mailing the accompanying coupon.

Please send a year’s subscription for The Watchtower and Awake!; I enclose $8 (U.S.). (Contribution subject to change.) For mailing this coupon I am to receive three free booklets.

[Picture on page 2]

AFTER ARMAGEDDON—a marvelous new order of peace and security

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

I could see passing out handbills in the city the convention was being held, but how many people would drive 3 hours to go to an hour talk at a jw convention? seems like a total waste of time to pass them out.

• upside/down
  • blondie
    blondie
    I could see passing out handbills in the city the convention was being held, but how many people would drive 3 hours to go to an hour talk at a jw convention? seems like a total waste of time to pass them out.

Exactly my comment up above, collegegurl. I think it is a control measure for the rank and file. It also provides a mindless way of getting some JWs out door to door. All they have to do is hand out the bills, they don't have to talk. How many remember testimony cards? Or phonographs? I don't think JWs started talking at the door until the late 40's. I don't remember but my older family members told me about it.

*** yb75 p. 160 United States of America (Part Two) ***

Among witnessing devices employed in past years was the testimony card, introduced late in 1933 and used well into the 1940’s. John and Helen Groh explain: "Publishers of the good news were not so numerous as they are today and not so well trained. To assist us in our work and for better coverage of the territory, we used what was known as a testimony card. These were short printed sermons, which people were asked to read. Where people refused to read it, or became annoyed because of not having their glasses handy, we would relate to them the equivalent of what was on the card."

Now imagine yourself in the field service as a Kingdom proclaimer some three decades ago. "When the householder opened the door, we would say, ‘I have a message for you.’ Down the needle went and Brother Rutherford’s voice boomed out," recalls L. E. Reusch. "At the end of the message," remarks Angelo C. Manera, Jr., "the speaker would mention the book we were featuring and how much it cost. Then we would present the book and place it, if there was interest."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit