April KM - Handbill Distribution

by stillajwexelder 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
  • littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I haven't seen any JWs around since I have lived in Little Rock and I used to work at home. I remember where I lived when I was active in a small town I couldn't hardly go to any house that wasn't already visited by another JW the previous week or so. There were a lot of pioneers in the cong I went to back then.

What was the name of the tract that was distributed around 1994 that envited everybody to the special talk around the same time as this? I can't remember.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 1/94 p. 7 Announcements ***

· The special public talk for the 1994 Memorial season will be given worldwide on Sunday, April 10. The subject of the talk will be "True Religion Meets the Needs of Human Society.

or

km 1/95 p. 7 Announcements ***

On Sunday, April 23, 1995, a special public talk will be given in all congregations. The title will be "False Religion’s End Is Near."

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao... the WTS is getting very desperate for donations! The average JW is not donating enough at the conventions so now they are trying to get the general public to attend so they will donate money too.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Would love to see a scan of the document, I still don't understand what a DC is, vice a normal meeting, is there any where I can go to find out the meeting structures and commitments for the members?

• moshe
    moshe

DC= District Convention . Held once a year .

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes on 2nd thoughts Blondie may be right - a control technique for rank and file (get them on the ministry) rather than a true effort to get members of the public to the DC Public Talk

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Early one Sunday morning in a leafy Adelaide surburb, Mr and Mrs Thompson sleep in blissfully unaware that just outside on the front porch a man is setting up a portable phonograph. After silently opening the case, the man attaches the great brass horn, cranks hard then ever so carefully places needle on spinning plastic ..

BAAABYLON THE GREAT HAS FALLEN!

- GAARDS KINGDOM RULES!

Ah yes blondie, the portable phonograph .. the wonder of the age used to spread the good news of Rutherford's invisible Jesus.

I inherited one in perfect condition along with half a dozen scratch free78rpm records and can only wonder at the householders reaction at being blasted without warning by Rutherford's BOOOMING 5 minute tirades.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I could see passing out handbills in the city the convention was being held, but how many people would drive 3 hours to go to an hour talk at a jw convention? seems like a total waste of time to pass them out.

Agreed. The convention here is held in another town which is about a 1 hour drive. What a waste of time and paper.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't remember the 1982 one, but I do remember that in 1973 (the year I was baptized) we started a camaign with a brochure callled - I don't know - "mankind's deliverance is coming soon and we really mean it this time" or some such. Everybody thought it was proof that it was going to go down in 1975.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit