Yes, it has been one of those days. Not only did I see a car full of JWs at Home Depot running out and targeting unsuspecting victims before they walked in the store, but when I reached my destination (our rental property) there were two JWs at the door. The two at the door only said hello to me and my husband and it probably had something to do with our dog growling at them. Perhaps it was a sign that my day was about to get worse.
Anyway, so we have this rental cottage that is vacant and we have done some major repair work in order to rent it out. My husband had to tear part of the floor out because it was sagging (long story). He forgot he put rat poison out in the event those critters came up through the floor.
So when I saw that Rusty was "eating somthing", I thought it was something left by the past tenants (as this dog will eat anything -- even dog sh*t). When I went inside and saw him eating something else I took a closer look and it was rat poison. I immediately ran out (with the dog) to my husband to frantically tell him what the dog had ingested. We took off in a hurry to look for the closest vet (as we weren't in our home town). My husband forgot he had left the rat poison out -- we felt terrible!
I found a vet who gave Rusty some hydrogen peroxide to make him vomit and then some charcol to soak up whatever was left over (and they kept him for a few hours). The vet also gave him a shot of Vitamin K and sent me home with Vitamin K pills that Rusty has to take for the next six weeks.
Thanks for letting me share the "horror" of my day with you all. I have attached a picture of Rusty and am glad to report that he will make it through.