My dog ate rat poison today

by Purza 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Rusty is doing okay now. He ate his dog food this evening and wolfed down a sausage where I hid his pills. He was a bit slow moving this afternoon, but I guess that is to be expected. He keeps spitting up black stuff -- which the vet told me is the charcoal.

Thanks again for your comments -- it really means a lot to me.

Purza

• Purza
    Purza

dvw,

Did Buster make it through okay?

Purza

• Frog
    Frog

what a gorgeous puppy you have! Sounds like the wittless people really jinxed your day. Oh well, least now you know you won't be seeing them for a while :) x

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

You are extremely lucky...my cat last year (he would eat anything) picked up something poisonous and unfortunately we had to euthanize he was suffering that much...there was nothing else we could do for him despite having vets working with him constantly for 24 hours.

People who put poison down like this are extremely irresponsible; there are better methods of vermin control!

DB74

• Frog
    Frog

wow DB, seems you must have suffered equally as much when you copped that around the clock vet bill! x

• Frog
    Frog

btw re...

People who put poison down like this are extremely irresponsible; there are better methods of vermin control!

...I prefer the catch & release method where possible, even for dirty big hairy spiders! x

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

My dog ate an ice block (popsicle) stick. Came out the same way it went in. Bizarre.

• Frog
    Frog

do you mean he puked it back up again??...or did he poop it in its original form?...dogs digestive tracks are something like a third the size of ours in length so I guess it's not that surprising the weird crap they eat isn't much affected by the digestive process. x

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Crapped it out as it went in. Not even broken.

• Frog
    Frog

ouchy surely that's gotta hurt...so then, do you normally take an avid interest in your dogs poop?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit