I'm a Neutral Jehovah's Witness

by Martini 105 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Are there ONLY 2 options;
    1.To remain Neutral and unhappy in serving
    God through the WT prescribed way OR
    2.To leave the Organization and heeping upon myself all the consequences of losing family,
    and possibly to lose God's favor and be destroyed by Him?

Just dont go to the meetings and dont talk to anybody about it. Become a clam.

The people back in the bible times didnt go to kingdom hall meetings. Abraham didnt go to the kingdom hall nor Moses, or Noah. Its a 20th century man made organization, a modification of the 7th day adventist.

• vitty
    vitty

Is this the longest running post of all time ?????????

• Scully
    Scully

Not quite, vitty. Jaguarbass seems to have been enjoying the early archives of JWD today.

• vitty
    vitty

Yeah, ive just seen a couple that hes resurrected LOL

it can be quite fascinating to see how posters and this forum have changed

• CatOnARoof
    CatOnARoof

People can believe whatever they want. I think its a good thing to see more than eye can see. I always say that I respect all religions to a certain degree. JWs have some good teachings that can be helpful for your psyche. But I dont like when a person belonging to a certain religion tries to convert me, telling me (politely) that my beliefs are wrong. That term " neutral JW" should be coined. Its a good idea. You can leave the organisation, but keep your beliefs, Martini. Its nobody's business but yours how you see god. Im not a JW myself, but like I said I respect ppl who believe in anything good. If it makes you a better person, and it feels right, then stick to it. Your belief shouldnt depend on other peoples actions.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

First of all, as a Christian I don't believe any of us can earn our favor with God. He loves us and desires us to have a relationship with Him. No amount of good deeds is going to change that. It's a worldly setup of earning favor when God desires to extend His grace and mercy. So completely contrary most religions.

I don't know that anyone here is really going to encourage you to attend more meetings. Most are thankful to be out or looking to get out from what see.

Either way, you will find this group of people to be a tremendous support.

Blessings to you in your journey.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

I didn't pay attention to the date at first, OMG this post is ancient. Who goes back that far and blows the dust off these scrolls?

• *summer*
    *summer*

i am new here. and i am sorry for going back that far and blowing the dust off these scrolls. but i have been reading this thread with great interest. i started studying with the JWs about 6 months ago. i have reached the stage where i question everything. so imagine how i felt when i stumbled upon this site! so much information. i have been reading...and reading. old stuff. newer stuff. it doens't matter. i have this great thirst for knowledge. i have also great love for Jehovah and Christ. but the more i study, the more i am afraid of making a wrong decision. i don't really have a question to ask. i am only here to thank you all for your comments. each and every one of you has something to add from his/her own experience. and it makes me believe i am here for a reason. i will keep lurking...and learning. God bless you all...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    i am new here. and i am sorry for going back that far and blowing the dust off these scrolls. but i have been reading this thread with great interest. i started studying with the JWs about 6 months ago. i have reached the stage where i question everything. so imagine how i felt when i stumbled upon this site! so much information. i have been reading...and reading. old stuff. newer stuff. it doens't matter. i have this great thirst for knowledge. i have also great love for Jehovah and Christ. but the more i study, the more i am afraid of making a wrong decision. i don't really have a question to ask. i am only here to thank you all for your comments. each and every one of you has something to add from his/her own experience. and it makes me believe i am here for a reason. i will keep lurking...and learning. God bless you all...

Hi summer! Drink all of it in. Find out as much as you can about the Watchtower's history before you join; they don't encourage this to newcomers like yourself. I do have one warning for you, though...people who question the Society get shut down. I should know, because I recently questioned them on certain things. I am the grandson of an elder in a decently respected JW family, born into the religion. I used to be an MS. I started questioning the so-called "faithful and discreet slave," and I was given the choice to either submit to df'ing or DA myself (btw, did they tell you about disfellowshipping, aka "df'ing," and disassociating yet?).

I can tell you right now that the elders are steadfastly not interested in researching reputable, 3rd party sources on Biblical history.

Think about that as you study with them.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    2.To leave the Organization and heeping upon myself all the consequences of losing family,
    and possibly to lose God's favor and be destroyed by Him?

Will you lose family? True, you might lose family members through shunning, if you leave. It's a fear and control tactic of the religion. Ask yourself, are you being true to yourself by staying and "living a lie?" You won't have to leave all at once, I suggest you talk to a professional counsellor who understands cult dynamics. They will help you keep your balance and find some healthier supports to replace the elders, etc.

Will you lose God's favor? False, you won't lose God's favor. God does not see the Jehovah's Witness religion as being his instrument of truth. Too many lies have been told. Remember, God left Israel, too. Fear of losing favor is a brainwash technique --- used to hold you in fear and a type of religious paralysis which prevents you from using your God-given free will.

Will you be destroyed by God? False. I felt the strongest connection to God after I left the organization. I stopped using the human organization as a "go-between." You might want to read Crisis of Conscience to help you understand this concept.

It will take some time to learn to trust yourself, and empower yourself after giving so much of your power to the congregation elders and a book publishing company that uses its members for free marketing. Right now you are co-dependent with a religion --- with some independent thinking. Your independent thinking is creeping in because the religion no longer serves your highest interests. Perhaps it is time for you to grow wings like the eagle! The eagle does not have to ask God if it can fly. It just knows it can!

Love

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit