I'm a Neutral Jehovah's Witness

by Martini 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

This is an excellent thread! I agree with all of you and find myself sort of bored at the meetings sometimes. It's all the same old thing over and over again. Maybe we don't need these meetings, esp. the mid-week meeting so much, although I do enjoy the school, perhaps the service meeting should only be once a month.

The society keeps stressing that the only way we can be strong is "field service, study, prayer, and meetings." I've heard it so much it's like a mantra. Many fellow witnesses believe that study means study for the meetings. However that is not the case at all. And lately I've noticed they've been emphasizing reading the Bible daily, so maybe they see this problem as well.

Funny thing though, they might be sabotaging themselves by suggesting more reading of teh Bible, because when I read the Bible, I find things that say what they say, and not the spin the society puts on it. I have found all kinds of treasures in the scriptures, which have helped me to shape my mind not in accord with the society's thinking all the time. I wonder how many other witnesses feel this same way?

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

There's comes a time when you come to a cross roads in this world where you want to go.Society tells you that if you leave you leave Jehovah God,because one needs to follow the Society so you can obtain food in due season.But do you really?

What Jesus says in simple;"I am the WAY,the TRUTH,and the LIFE.No one comes to the Father except through Me."..Simple enough I'd say.

I no longer listen to the Watchtower Society.They can't save me.Only prayer can and Christ's saving GRACE.

So it's up to you.

PEACE

• window man
    window man

looking back at the borg im ashamed at my self one can only guess how life would be if you never wasted time in an old boys club get out stayed in 10 years im so relieved that im not crazy the friends that you think love you dont there thoughts are what ever some old man says and these men only love money

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Welcome, Window Man!!!!!!!!!!

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Ah, the power of the resurrection - the ability to restore old threads to current topics.

cheeses - who didn't read the thread - the title alone was enough to sicken.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Sorry, last one I'll bring back from the dead for a while.

But it was fascinating to read.

Interesting phrase 'neutral JW'

Winston. The 'jesus of dead threads' class

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Wll Martini.....,

I could tell you pro and con on the Watchtower and in my opinion the cons out last the pros.....AS for knowing which way to go....Christ is my Mediator and I try my up most to listen to the Holy Spirit.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Thanks to whoever brought this back up from the bottom. Or the top, as it were.

It's a fascinating reminder of where this forum started out and how it has evolved over time. It's much like the evolution many of us have experienced, as first we began to doubt and question, then to study and learn, then to feel our thinking shift and grow.

One more reason to thank Simon for having the foresight to launch this project nearly four years ago. We've all come a long way since then and many more will follow.

• Valis
    Valis
    and possibly to lose God's favor and be destroyed by Him?

I think you know what you need to do and maybe on the way. If you really intend to be a Christian, and it appears you do, then maybe you can think about what a loving version of God would think of your dillema, and how that god would respond to your needs. Would that god punish you for seeking the truth and becoming a better person, or would he punish you for living what is tanamount to a lie? From what I read of my Christian friends here they choose to develop a personal relationship w/their diety, which in many cases is exactly why they abhor the Jehovahs Witnesses so much, as the WTBTS version makes no allownace to that end. I think even if you take small breaks at a time away from even something as minscule as using Jehovah when referring to your God, you'll figure it out sooner or later.

*LOL* CRAP!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• observador
    observador

Holly cow!

This thread shall never die!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit