Elder video is up~

by alamb 206 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Her attorney missed one vital element in questioning about the effects of Christmas celebration. If he had phrased his question: "If one of Jehovah's Witnesses celebrated Christmas and refused to apologize or demonstrate any kind of sorrow, what would happen?" there would be NO room for wiggling.

The Judge admitted hearsay without objection with the "for every 10...I can bring 100...who would say..." comment.

I will be specializing in ex-JW child custody cases one day. It made me sick to watch it. This practice of shunning is pure cruelty and this guy lied his F'ing ASS off.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• VM44
    VM44

This is indeed an important video.

As it is important, I have tried saving the file to my computer, however, the shock flash player that plays the video within my browswer will not play the large (over 40meg) file containing the video on my hard disk.

The large file containing the video is a FLV (Flash video) file, but it not in a format that my media players recognize.

Anyone know of a media player that will play FLV files that have been downloaded?

--VM44

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
      • He states family members expelled from JW congregations are not treated differently by the family.
      • He states JWs do not disdain disfellowshipped members or consider them all wicked and demonic.
      • He states JWs are allowed to speak to disfellowshipped members.
      • He states JWs do not use the word "shun" to describe DF/DA.
      • He states the WT did not publish a child custody brochure.
      • He states JWs say hello to disfellowshipped members they encounter . Rebel 8

That does it.

I'm moving to SLC where the JW's treat people like me better than the JW's in East Tennesssee treat people like me.

I like 'honesty's' post as above....

I think we should all send a copy of the cd and this letter to the PO/Elder on the video just to let him know that we are all going to move to his congregation because it's quite obvious that he must have the 'truth' and not all the other congregations that actively engage in shunning. At the same time I think we should cc the letter and send additional copies to every other congregation - it's very confusing to a non JW. We call it the 'truth' but it's a web of lies...

sammieswife...

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

VM44 - Danny is going to put it up on his site. I can't seem to save and copy it easily either. sammieswife.

• belbab
    belbab

alamb,

I appreciate, recognize and admire you for all the tremendous effort you have poured into your struggle to establish what is right in the sight of heaven and earth.

My ex proceeded to take the kids to a counsellor who had "nice JW family". She wrote a letter to the court. They pulled the "First Amendment" card. He got custody. My question: Where are my first amendment rights to leave a religion while not surrending my rights to be a parent?
    Could you please elaborate on the above quote. What kind of counsellor did your ex use and what does it mean "had nice JW family? Can you explain further on the words: They pulled the "first amendment"? What exactly was the argument they used? You may have had setbacks in this struggle to gain custody of your Kids. But the jury of public opinion is still out on the issue. Kids grow up, and when they reach their teens they start thinking for themselves. They will be interested in the events that took place earlier in their lives. They are a time bomb waiting to explode, devaste and bring to light all injustices. Also, this story is high drama, perhaps you could interest TV exposure such as Opra, or programs such as Law and Order to do a program on it, that way millions including JWs will get the message. Keep up the good work, many are with you. belbab

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    or programs such as Law and Order to do a program on it

This would be an excellent idea for a TV program like that that includes handling of family court cases.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I just sent the video to my father (who has recently decided to shun me.)...sent it with "elder telling court that JWs do not shun their family members, just not talk about spirituality"...attached to it.

Will update on how that goes.

• JH
    JH

I remember very clearly, an elder telling the whole congregation that, if we talk to a disfellowshipped person, we shall be disfellowshipped. Now that's clear !!! In other words, don't fellowship with a disfellowshipped person, or else you get disfellowhipped.

• juni
    juni

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

Well really not. That lying s.o.b. I suppose that's their example of being cautious as a serpent, but innocent as a dove???

Have to agree w/Auldsoul. Our court system stinks. What we need here is DA McCoy to get in there and pin him down.

Juni

• JH
    JH

What we need here is DA McCoy to get in there and pin him down.
    Farkel could do the job

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit