Elder video is up~

by alamb 206 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

From my other post: I think this belongs here!

"While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it." After quoting Mt 7:6 the paragraph continues: "That is why Jesus on certain occasions refrained from giving full information or direct answers to certain questions when doing so could have brought unneccessary harm." A few more scriptural citations follow and the paragraph ends with this: "Evidently the course of Abraham, Isaac, Rahab, and Elisha in misdirecting or in withholding full facts from nonworshipers of Jehovah must be viewed in the same light." (All italics mine)

Well hell that makes it all better. Had I known this, I would never have been disfellowshipped. And While I have been disfellowshipped 3 times, I should have been greeted by my family and friends. I have been going about this all wrong.

It is apparent that if I lie, (oops...withhold truthful information) I can stay in the congregation. Heck, I can even testify in court.

If I tell the truth, they can read my mind, heart, and thoughts and decide to remove me from family and friends, because they have Gods Holy spirit directing them. In case they are wrong though, if the Holy spirit was sleeping that day...there is an appeals process. We learned that from the other video.

Also, if I celebrate Birthdays, fornicate, go to Vegas brothels. I will not be disfellowshipped. And I wonder how he can state that by being a JW, you can have a "relationship with my creator".

I thought to myself, that if it is so as he stated that a person understands the 200 plus questions, then a 7 or 8 year old baptized fully understand completely what it means to dedicate ones life to Jehovah and the Jehovahs witnesses. With that said, I do not know anyone that is 7 or 8 that is tried as an adult in a court case. This is because 7 or 8 year olds are not capeable of making those adult decisions. Even later teen years it is iffy if a person is tried as an adult. Yet, we can be disfellowwhipped...not shunned if we decide later not to be one.

So we can be held to a life choice as a child when we do not fully understand what we are doing.

We are in a group of people that are taught to not divulge truth to people that are not entitled to it.

Then we are taught that we are all children.

Only when older can we delve into the meat of a subject.

While young we are fed milk like things because we are babies.

But when we are older and adult and realize this is so wrong, what we have learned...we are removed for our sake from the congregation (Not to keep the congregation clean). Then we pay an adult price for a childs decision. Hmmmmm

If we don't tell and we omit truth we could have avoided it all in the first place by not confessing.

Just some thoughts. This is wacked crap!!

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I have dial-up and couldn't get the video to load.

How recently did that "Custody" brochure come out?

How could I get my hands on one?

Thanks.

Brad

• alamb
    alamb

The hearing was to be over at 5 p.m. They insisted on bringing in the last witness because he had travelled from out of town.

My own parents had testified before this and my mother stated in court "my good man (to the judge mind you) my daughter was molested by my husband but she was old enough, she was over 12." The Judge saw the sickness for what it was and asked for a recess because he was going to be ill. My father also signed an affidavit saying I was incapable of being a parent due to being molested!!! He was outside in the car. My best friend walked out of the courthouse with me, the worldly friend who wasn't allowed in my house the entire 13 years we grew up together, and gave him a double salute.

Every witness they brought for use against us, only convinced the court they will lie arrogantly in the face of the law.

We brought over 300 pages of affidavits from around the world, signed and sealed by notaries, etc., newspaper clippings about the horrendous acts of fathers killing their families in the face of shunning, ShunnedFather sent 2 inches of affidavit himself. The court allowed us to exceed the legal limits for presentation of evidence to be considered and the judge took days to read it all.

The outcome was they initally banned ALL shunning of me by anyone. The children cannot be allowed to have any contact with anyone who considers me less than an upstanding JW.

I sat for three months in the County Prosecutor's Office, Police Dept., COP's desk, Atty. Gen's office, to get him charged with perjury for this. Long story short, he was charged. Charges were dropped because the State doesn't have the man-power to prosecute perjury. So that tells you what telling the truth on the stand is worth; your dignity; that's it. My ex proceeded to take the kids to a counsellor who had "nice JW family". She wrote a letter to the court. They pulled the "First Amendment" card. He got custody. My question: Where are my first amendment rights to leave a religion while not surrending my rights to be a parent? Forgot to add: I have had 6 protective orders on my ex and he plead "no contest" to stalking me. Not a nice guy to have control of your children's futures, spirituality, well-being, and ultimately, mine.
  • cyd0099
    cyd0099

Of course they had no signed documents, dubs are notorious for leaving no paper trail-or recordings-or photographs. It's all anecdotal from unnamed sources,just like in the mags.

200 questions? Man, I got in pretty easy back in '76.

• calico
    calico
    my mother stated in court "my good man (to the judge mind you) my daughter was molested by my husband but she was old enough, she was over 12."

Was this in reference to you! So, you were old enough to be molested! Where the hell did your mother get that idea from?

• alamb
    alamb

My parents signed affidavits saying I was an unfit parent due to being molested by my father with the permission of my mother for 6 years. (!?!?!?!?) She was another surprise star witness that backfired on them. My dad sat out in the car outside. My parents both see the kids now with the blessing of the congregation while I am shunned. Against court orders. My mom sends me photos of them at assemblies...... and Watchtowers.

• calico
    calico

(((((alamb)))))

Your mother is sick and twisted.......she must be related to my grandmother--not a witness--but said similarly cruel things to my mom who had been molested by her stepfather.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That's incredible she said something as unloving and perverse as that.

I'm glad the outcome was good for you. I think the video would have even more oompf if some of the details you mentioned are stated with the video (don't know if Youtube allows that). Also, I noticed that you cannot download the video easily from Youtube, and it would be great for the video to be downloaded by anyone who wants it....I think it would be fantastic if http://www.reexamine.org could host it as well, where anyone can download what they want from the site. I think there is an upload utility there, no?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i am suprised. i innocently assumed this was exaggerated. naively i thought elders wouldnt LIE under oath!

my comments..

at 5:02 he gives the illustration of a flat tire, and a jw would stop and help..
    HA thats bs..
    case in point.. df'd man, car accident on country road, car vs motorcycle, motorcyclist on road injured.. jw brother of df'd man drives by.. df'd man tries to stop the oncoming car to send for help, car slows, brother sees its his df'd brother averts his eyes and drives on. leaving the injured motorcyclist in the road .. telling his mother the next day that he didnt feel obligated to stop to help a " dead " man ..and it wasnt the injured motorcyclist on the road he was referring to..

they may not stop to help a df'd person with a flat tire..

this guy has the soft mild reasonable tone of voice but all that comes out of it is bullshit.

5:10 god forgives ignorant mistakes?in the bible, what about the dudes who bent down to drink from the stream and some stayed upright and cupped the water to their hands and drank....... and god KILLED the ones who bent down to drink?

5:12 LOL celebrating xmas is compared to paying for whores in vegas?? someone with the know how should isolate that question and response, THAT should be sent to every christian church everywhere.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    My parents signed affidavits saying I was an unfit parent due to being molested by my father with the permission of my mother for 6 years. (!?!?!?!?) She was another surprise star witness that backfired on them. My dad sat out in the car outside. My parents both see the kids now with the blessing of the congregation while I am shunned. Against court orders. My mom sends me photos of them at assemblies...... and Watchtowers.

WHAT?!? Holy smokes, that is screwed up logic. How could ANY parent think that saying that would do anything other than make a Judge realize how messed up they, and the religion that they belong to are? (((((alamb))))) Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit