Do you feel old?

by MsMcDucket 41 Replies latest jw friends

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus
    Digital, you're only 28! How can you feel old? Man, you need to quit trippin'! You're pulling my leg, right?

well the question was "Do you feel old?" yes, I feel old and tired. Down trodden.

• deeskis
    deeskis

((((DF)))), hope you're feeling better, and your batteries recharged when you're spending more time with your boy.

I sometimes feel old, "stop the world I want to get off", and first thing in the morning my knees and ankles feel old!

but usually I feel the same as I felt mid twenties. (only the reflection in the mirror has aged!) When I'm out doing something I love, like singing I feel ageless.

D

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

My mind feels so young and curious since I have been posting on this forum. Like a 20yr old heading off to university for the first time. The world is my oyster!

But my body feels old and sad and full of regret that I wasted my youth and beauty feeling bad about myself all the time, because of this JW crap I have been fed my whole life.

Cog

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Digital Folkus this is for you cause your feeling sad like me.

• sandy
    sandy

I'm turning 30 next month. I don't feel old but I am a little depressed about turning 30. I haven't done anything with my life. I feel like I wasted the past ten years. I know to those of you 40 yrs and up probably think turning 30 is no big deal. It wouldn't be to me either if I actually have accomplished something in my life. Ok, now I'm just being bitter and feeling sorry for myself. Really I'm ok. LOL

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'll turn 36 this year. The main thing that bothers me about it is my single/never-married status. I don't know if I can really take another two or three decades of being alone. I've sorta tossed the idea around that if I reach age 40 and things haven't changed, it might be time to, in the words of Jimi Hendrix, to "meet you on the next one (world), and don't be late".

• JAVA
    JAVA

Gail Sheehy (she wrote "Passages") has a new book called, "Sex and the Seasoned Woman -- Pursuing the Passionate Life." I saw her at a book signing a few years ago, and I'm fairly sure she's older than me (59). This is from the jacket cover:
    "What makes a seasoned woman? Time. A seasoned woman is spicy. She has been marinated in life experience. Like a complex wine, she can be alternately sweet, tart, sparkling, mellow. She is both maternal and playful. Assured, alluring, and resourceful. She is less likely to have an agenda than a young woman--no biological clock tick-tocking beside her lover's bed, no campaign to lead him to the altar, so rescue fantasies. The seasoned woman knows who she is. She could be any one of us, as long as she is committed to living fully and passionately in the second half of her life, despite failures and false starts. How old is a seasoned woman? As Vera told Auntie Mame, 'Somewhere between forty and death.'"
    I'm looking forward to reading her new book when I finish the ones I've already stopped and started. :)

• FairMind
    FairMind

I’ll be 60 soon but I don’t feel old. I’m probably more fit physically then when I was 30, due to having stuck with a vigorous exercise regimen for the past 35 years. The thing that bothers me is I know that eventually age will win out and at 60 how much longer can that be? Oh yes, one other thing…

Don't you think Clint Eastwood is HOT?

No!

• JAVA
    JAVA

** I've sorta tossed the idea around that if I reach age 40 and things haven't changed, it might be time to, in the words of Jimi Hendrix, to "meet you on the next one (world), and don't be late". **
    DanTheMan--I like the one by Jerry Garica of the Greatful Dead. "If I knew I was going to get this old I would have taken better care of myself." Hang in there friend, life can be heaven or hell with or without another. BTW, have you burned anymore WTs while eating pizza? :))

• nowisee
    nowisee

hey sandy!

don't fret. you are still a baby.

i left wts age 28. muddled around for a while.

age 37 went to school and started new career.

age 40 married my second several years younger husband (love of my life).

age 40 opened my own business (bookstore).

age 49, sold my bookstore for asking price and started another career (the most fulfilling, one that i love).

still most happily married and happily involved with creative career.

body creaks and yells at me sometimes, but other than that i still feel 25.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit