Do you feel old?

by MsMcDucket 41 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Remember, you're only as old as the woman you feel.

• luna2
    luna2

Yes, sometimes I feel old...or maybe that's just worn out. From age 20 to 33 I struggled to make a marriage work that was doomed from the start. From age 28 to 48 I was embroiled in a stupid religion that controlled my mind and stifled my potential (and I let it...probably the worst of it all). From age 36 til now, I supidly chose to work with my parents which hasn't turned out to be in my best interests. The real problem is that I stick with this stuff too long and waste too much time trying to fit in or make things work or hoping it will magically get better.

Patience is supposed to be a virtue, but not in my case. Can you be too patient...what is that called? A doormat? What ever it is, I need to learn to move more quickly, care just a little bit less about how other people will feel about whatever it is I need to do, and get my life a little more where I want it to be...oh and I need to make sure I stay healthy so I can enjoy what's left of it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Only when I bend over or tried to get down on my knees

• jgnat
    jgnat

Truman, that was beautiful. You express my sentiments perfectly.

My BODY sure reminds me I'm old. I watch my sugars and my blood pressures and mind how I stand, walk, sit, and eat. I creak.

I loved my grandma. I wanted to grow up to be just like her. I used to stare for hours at her hands, the bare sinew speaking volumes to a lifetime of work. I loved my Myrna. I want to live like she did, too. I've always admired seniors, and I observe them carefully to learn their secret to spunk. I've learned that cantankerous gets attention, and the nurses will cry harder when you go even if you were a pain.

I buck the trend and revere the old. Why revere the young? They can only preserve their youth so long, and then they're stuck. On the other hand, if I revere wisdom, I've got a lifetime of achievement to go. In my heart I'm a chick.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

jgnat, you are such a sweetie patootie, I just wanna scoop you up and hug you to smithereens!

• ferret
    ferret

some days feel like 80 other days feel like 30. spent 40 years wasted as jdub, but made up for it the next 27. I would not trade this time in my life for any other.

• jgnat
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm in my 40s..feel me.. do i feel old to you? HAHAHA

ok that said.. i dont have aches and pains but gee whiz does everything have to freakin droop? and whats these things under my arm? Bat wings? and let me tell ya.. buy stock in miss clairol cuz i use it like it was shampoo ! bodies change, hopefully we mature mentally , life tosses crap at us , but all in all, you gotta be grateful for what you have and enjoy life such as it is.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Don't you think Clint Eastwood is HOT?

Yeah.....he's meltin'

• JH
    JH

I don't feel old.

I see it this way. I'm standing still, and time is backing up.

Yesterday is a day further every day, but I don't budge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit