Do you feel old?

by MsMcDucket 41 Replies latest jw friends

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Frannie, you're as sharp as a tack, and have the greatest since of humor! And I must say, you're a glamorous looking lady. I bet that you still turn heads!

Excuse me, my head was turning. Ok back to the topic. Im 46 and feel 46. I still work out 3-4 times a week. I got into powerlifting years ago.( Not bodybuilding ladies ). I am 5'10" 256 lbs. I can still give the young bucks at the gym a run for their money. I jog about 2-3 miles every other day as well. I have diabetes and have to watch myself, so I try and stay in somewhat reasonable shape.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie, you're as sharp as a tack, and have the greatest since of humor! And I must say, you're a glamorous looking lady. I bet that you still turn heads!

MrsMcDucket, you're too kind, cher. That's all just "window dressin' " anyway. Well, at least the engine is still runnin and I CAN still get it in gear.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I am 53 but fortunately, don't feel any different to when I was 30.
    I guess keeping fit is a bit harder now a days. I still try to run for 30 mins each day and manage this 5 or 6 times per week but this is something I have done all my life. I watch what I eat and as a result feel pretty fit most of the time.
    I think that us of the baby boomer generation are very lucky in that we have enjoyed plentiful, good quality food and the best of health care.
    Eyeslice

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Oh yeah!..

Well I'm 63 going on 64 years YOUNG!

Sometimes I feel 63 sometimes I feel 63..

My daughter hates to see me get older because that makes her older...I had her when I was 15 so she is now going on 48..

If she's not careful she is going to catch up to me by worring about getting older..hey..it happens..get ready....

Snoozy Q..

• anewme
    anewme

Oh you sweet things!!!!
    You all cracked me up so good!!!!

I havent laughed so hard in a long time!

I love you all so much!!!!

Since finding you I dont feel all alone.
    You know the truth? I've had more healthy laughs here than in all my 35 years as a Dub.

Have a wonderful day all of you!!!

Anoldme

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yes some days i feel old

but most days i dont

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

yes and very tired

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Digital, you're only 28! How can you feel old? Man, you need to quit trippin'! You're pulling my leg, right?

• still angry
    still angry

I'm only 31 and I feel OLD! Yes, Ms. McDucket, the bitterness and pain wears on a person. I have several chronic health conditions that also wear on me, but mostly, I think carrying this anger is what really has taken a toll. I want to find a way to just end it once and for all and let it go. I probably need to go to therapy, but after having done that years ago, the thought of starting over is overwhelming.

P.S. I think you're all beautiful people! You take the time to share your spirits, thoughts and hopes. Can't get any better than that!

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Do I feel old?? Depends on when you ask.

If it's been a long week at school, I haven't slept much, I've spent too much time doing homework and I haven't eaten as much as I should have, then yes, I feel very very VERY old. Some days, after a few nights of only getting maybe 4 hours of sleep and not eating regularly, I feel like I'm 80 years old.

But, if I'm eating and sleeping well and I'm not too overworked, then I feel like a 12-year-old!! It also helps that I haven't changed at all, physically, since junior high, so I still look young, too!!

Right now, I'm feelin' pretty good, I slept lots last night, I'm cooking some tortellini for supper and I'm gonna veg out in my PJs with a good 80s movie and some popcorn later on, so right now, I'm definitely feeling really young!!

-Becka :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit