Did you "cry" when the JW's elders Disfellowshipped or Disassociated you?

by booker-t 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gordy
    Gordy

I was more angry when I wrote my DA letter.

I had stopped going to meetings in August 1999, but it was September 2000 before any Elders came to call on me. Unfortunately I was out, my son said they had called. Up until there wasn't even a phone call or letter let alone any "shepherding" call. Considering two of them live within a 5 minute walk from me.

What made me angry was that they weren't calling out of any concern for me. But because they were having a campaign to get "inactive" ones back.

This was what finally made me decide to DA. So I wrote my letter and enclose 20 pages of stuff I had learnt about the Watchtower. I walked up the road and stuck it through one of the Elders door. I thought if he couldn't be bother to walk down and see me in two years, thats what you get.

I was 49 and had been a JW for 30 years.

The main consquence was that my JW wife (separated 4 years) and two JW daughters stopped having any contact with me and still don't.

But even so I felt as if a great weight had been lifted from me. I was no longer under their control, I was free.

• *Heather*
    *Heather*

LOL! Interesting story.... smart move man.

To answer your question... I was never DF'ed or DS'ed because I was never baptised into the religion. I was having fun being worldy, and I still am! hehe...

• *Heather*
    *Heather*

LOL! Interesting story.... smart move man.

To answer your question... I was never DF'ed or DA'ed because I was never baptised into the religion. I was having fun being worldy, and I still am! hehe...

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

well, BT, I would ask first how old you were when they attempted to DF you.........opposed to your niece's still tender age............she's 19, and from the little bit you say in your opening remarks, quite naive and vulnerable, which probably is at partially from being raised a Dub.....also, it is quite different to make the decision on your own that you no longer cared or wanted to be part of the Borg..........another to be told you're out. I could barely contain my smiles when I told the elders that I would not stop "engaging in behavior that was against Jehovah's precepts"...........but, I was 40 at the time and had made my mind up. Your niece was probably in total shock when they told her their decision.

Terri

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Whilst certainly no fan of the disfellowshipping arrangement..i would suggest they got this right.

They had warned her not to continue going with a MARRIED Man..she didnt listen.They had no choice.

This sounded more than just isolated sex,fornication that some poor buggers get d,fed for.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

No, the elders are the ones that sweated and cried the night they announced my dF'ing.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

No...but, another time I was in a JD where I got reproved, I literally broke down in tears over something because I felt so guilty. It was something that had been with me for over half my life and had made me feel so low and wrong, and when it came out I was so upset because of all the sins I had done and confessed that was the one I didnt know how to stop.

It was really one of the first things that I began to disagree with the society over and from there on I discovered much more, that by the time I was DF I really didnt care for these power hungry people. I refused to meet them and heard on the grapevine that I was DF.

I have to say for years I hadnt cried and when my first daughter was born it changed me, I am now very emotional and can have a tear in my eye when I watch movies for example

CS 101

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I DA'ed myself by letter...but when the elder called to ask if that's what I really wanted, I was determined to keep it cool and determined.

But I have always been an over-emotional person, and when he asked me if I understood that that would change things between my father and I (nice way of saying he'll shun you.), I felt tears of anger coming on...I stopped talking and considered hanging up on him, not give him the satisfaction of knowing it hurt me. But instead I started to rent about how unloving the arrangement was, and how Jesus would never have done that, because I'm really a good person, and that anyway I barely beleived in the Bible as it was, evolution, transplants, children dying...and all the while I was chocking on my tears, babbling, sniffling and almost screaming at times. I'm pretty sure a few of my neighboors heard me (appartements, lol).

And the elder seemed quite shocked because he had always known me as the very quiet, very shy, blushing sister that didn't speak a lot.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Yes I did. In fact I couldn't stop for a few days! I was in shock that they could'nt comprehend I was repentant. I did not cry at my appeal because I already knew they weren't going to over turn the original ruling.

Your niece is only 19, and obviously a young 19, show some sympathy towards her, she wasn't expecting this. It is not the same thing as DA'ing yourself at all. If she believes in God she needs to know that he loves her no matter what. JW's don't speak for him.

Dams

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

I cried

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit