Did you "cry" when the JW's elders Disfellowshipped or Disassociated you?

by booker-t 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• roybatty
    roybatty

Looking back, I was kind of a jerk. After the appeal committee called me back in and told me their decision, I laughed at them, stood up and then said "I need to get going, Monday Night Football starts in 10 minute."

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

i don;t think you were a jerk roybatty. Like me you had your priorities right!

• acadian
    acadian

No!

I DAed myself, just stopped going to the kingdumb hall one day, tired of the hypocrisy.

Oh, I recieved visits from the elders trying to encourage me, but never looked back.

I told one elder, who I respect to this day, it would be nice, that when the friends come to visit they weren't always in their service clothes.

Can't they come over just as friends, and not feel they have to give counsel, because you don't go to meetings, maybe if they acted like my friends I might want to go to the meetings ( not likly) That elder was the only one whoever came over just to be a friend, and wearing street clothes, not a suit.

Acadian

• roybatty
    roybatty
    i don;t think you were a jerk roybatty. Like me you had your priorities right!

Yeah, you're right! At the time it was fun mocking and laughing at them, listening to them stumble over their own words and contradict actual WT teachings. These guys were so stupid they didn't even realize that a JC isn't even needed for someone who DA's themself by joining the YMCA. Clueless. Jeez, I wish I would have had a camera. I guess its just all part of the process of escaping the WT's hold or maybe I just like to give bullies a taste of their own medicine.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    The pen (keystroke) is mightier than the sword i now have nearly 45,000 pages up on the information superhighway and that wicked congregation is nearly defunct.

I heard about this congregation! Don't remember quite what was going on but I am sure I heard about something bad going on in there. It had to of been something serious cause its very rare that the witnesses will gossip about the negative stuff having to do with "'God's Organization"

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'm surprised at the number of posters who were emotional about their DF'ing. It makes me stop and remind myself that there are thousands of stories out there and I would be foolish to second guess how any of them reacted. Obviously, DannyH went through something (has he ever given detail?) that was very ugly. If acting out with the gun, etc. helped him then who am I to say him nay?

"There are a million stories in the Naked City...this is one of them"

or was it?...

"There are a million titties in the Naked Story....this is two of them"

• Krystal
    Krystal

I cried. Long and hard. But not because I was being kicked out of some sick mind controlling cult.

I cried because I was 17 years old and had just lost my mom and dad.

The only thing that upset me about being disfellowshipped was not being able to speak to my mom, dad, sisters or granny again.

I am 21 now and thinking about my mom and dad still makes me cry, I don't think I will ever get over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit