Were you a popular Witness?

by Brigid 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Brigid
    Brigid

You see, I never was. Never fit in. Never cared to. Most witnesses bored me to absolute tears. I was always a straggler. Invisible (and liked it that way). Rarely got invited to get togethers. I truly did not mind, when I was still restricted in my association, this just encouraged me to be an avid reader and daydreamer in my room and at the meetings (also, I draw a lot. I'm an artist--I never would have become so, if I had not been rather "cut" from the herd). As I became more sentient, I became very popular with my school mates ("worldly") and to this day, I have a very easy time making friends and socializing--I can walk up to anybody! I've helped friends run for political office--I'm known for being outgoing and likeable (yes, I have self-confidence! There may be people out there who do not like me, but I'm too busy to notice!).

Sure made fading easier.

To make a short point long: I remember a CO talking about the scripture where the fishermen are pulling in fish and the angels are culling them out, and saying that there are those who are not meant to be witnesses. I knew then and there at age 11, that was me--I felt greatful. This pod of witnesses did not see me as their own because I was not. It was totally mutual.

So, were you a popular witness? Or like me, did you have the feeling that you were a stranger in a strange (very strange) land?

Blessings,

~Brigid

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yup...

• Brigid
    Brigid

Did you like it? Does that make you miss them? How did you fare in school among worldly people?

~Brigid

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes - still am

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was Jezebel.

Brooke

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

I wasn't and I was...

I was not popular with the true dub kids b/c I was loud, boistrous, flirted alot, openly talked about doing bad things, and was constantly getting in trouble.

I WAS popular with the troublemakers like myself for all of the above reasons. We had more fun then the goodies.

luv, jojo

• Brigid
    Brigid

Stilla,

Again, I have to know. Do you like it? Do you actually enjoy their company? I ask honestly.

I did attend a few get togethers. B-O-R-I-N-G. Only in my opinion. I acknowledge that the things and conversations that I have with people, others would not enjoy.

Do you think that there are people like me that were never meant to be witnesses and we could feel it from the beginning of our social maturation?

~Brigid

• Chimene
    Chimene

I was because my husband was. Made it easier on the inside, but really didn't have anything to do with getting out

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I was poor, ethnic and nerdy, what the fuck do you think?

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I was poor, ethnic and nerdy, what the fuck do you think?

So you were an elder? u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit