The Worst Public Talk Ever

by onesong 60 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The worst talk for me was one that a brother had us look up like a million scriptures.

Hardly said anything in between........cant even remember what it was about..........after awhile I just sat there and listened to him.........I refused to look up another scripture cuz he could not get a talk up.

purps.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Another bad talk was on recreation/entertainment......

He went on and on about going out and staying late......dancing, drinking, carrying on.........If you could have seen the people there to hear the talk......they were lucky to have the energy to make it to that meeting.

It was sad as most of these people needed encouragement to kick up their heels and have some fun.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

We had a horrifying one once. I can't remember the title or overall theme about the talk (something along the lines of the evil christendom religons) and he started laying into the catholic church. He began to give vivid horrible descriptions of altar boys being raped, of nuns being raped and getting pregnant. How there are secret tunnels under churches and all under vatican city filled with the corpses of aborted babies (from the nuns) and the odd corpse of a nun who had died due to complications. It was just awful. I ended up walking out I was so physically ill.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't recall after so many years but there were some speakers that were extremely boring regardless of their the topic. The less well educated ones were usually very uninspired and dull.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Bloody Hell VM, where do you think you are Elder School?

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Any public talk except the one I heard on marriage. I'm not saying the public talk was right, but he wasn't like the other elders that gave the talks. We laughed a lot for his talk and it was entertaining. But every other talk that I had to sit through was the worse one that I heard.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Apparently, one of the worst and dullest talks given at our hall, to me was completely hilarious. A complete hoot. I even became paranoid that I was snickering to much, and be found out.

My mother complained the rest of Sunday on how bad a talk it was. Me however, being stoned...

steve

• calico
    calico

I remember a wedding talk where the brother was totally not prepared. He said the wrong names--and made a lot of jokes about his mistakes. It was terrible.

• vomit
    vomit

unclebruce probably will remember this one. Maybe a few black people aswell.
    Well the same as unclebruce many Elders in my hall came from a British protestant background, white the rank and file were from a Cathloic background. Even when I was 10 or 11 I remember clearly having thoughts on, hos is this crazy American religion, controled by arrogant Prods. fair for the rank and file. I guess the same feeling some black people will have.

Anyway. There is a talk about the origen of race, and how JWs are not racist. Well I found it to be the most racist, sectarian talk ever. Given by a controling prod prick, I felt like killing the guy, because he was eating it up and really putting down the rank in file all in the name of brotherly love.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I remember during one DC, we had a Special Talk by a this visiting old Scottish bastard named Quackenbush (I swear). He sounded just like Uncle Scrooge McDuck when he spoke too, it was great. Anyhow, Ol' Hamish McQuackenbush just went on and on with these wild yarns about tortures he had endured for Jehovah's Good Name. He told of how he had survived being tarred-and-feathered becuase Jehovah gave him the strength to break free from and fight off 7 captors. What a bunch of shyte. I was amazed when I looked around at the rest of the audience and saw people just eating this stuff up.

-Breck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit