So, why didn't Jesus write anything down?

by poppers 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ballistic
    ballistic
    "My psychatrist says I have the Messiah-complex. But I forgave him." - Jim Carrey

My Psychatrist said I had schizophrenia. But we're both ok now.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I wrote a response to JamesThomas, forgot to copy and save it, and lost it when I tried to post...

Just wanted to say it pleases me that we end up saying basically the same things in our own different ways. But I still won't be chucking out my Bible or any of my other favorite spiritual guidebooks (or your own helpful posts for that matter) any time soon. Even though the message can't be written down any more than the moon can, I still appreciate prose and poetry about both, and I would never slap away the finger that points to either.

~Merry

• minimus
    minimus

One thing people don't realize is that Jesus was not a good speller. Just wasn't his thing.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    My Psychatrist said I had schizophrenia. But we're both ok now.

My psychiatrist says I am paranoid - but he`s just lying to me all the time.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Can you imagine a letter said to be written by Christ himself? Somehow it would take on a whole new level of "sacred". Maybe we just aren't supposed to revere a document like that.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Can ya be a little more specific in your criticism?

• Terry
    Terry
    Can you imagine a letter said to be written by Christ himself? Somehow it would take on a whole new level of "sacred". Maybe we just aren't supposed to revere a document like that.

The way the "Holy Bible" is regarded (and has been historically) could make it no more/less than that very sacred object to which you refer.

After all, people swear in a court of law on a Bible.

Our highest offices in governance are sworn in on a Bible.

Oaths are empowered by the Bible.

People come in to the bookstore where I work and ask for a bible. I show them the various translations and almost invariably they'll shake their head and say:

"No, what I want is the HOLY BIBLE"

• ballistic
    ballistic

I thought he meant more like the Shroud of Turin.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yeah, that's my point, to a degree.

People have an unrealistic view and expectation of "The Holy Bible". They think it's written by God himself without qualification. They presuppose that it is completely unified and consistent in its presentation of things, as if it was written down at one sitting by one author. This is a mistake, and can really prime someone to get taken in by those who claim they have the exclusive "key" to the words of God.

So my point is that anyone that is reasonably balanced will realize that truth is all around them, and even within, not just in a holy book.

• Jake99
    Jake99

I wish I knew how to post a link in this forum. I don't lie and the doctors say I am not sick. I dont really care who else thinks they are the Christ what I am looking for is someone who will review the evidence that proves Jesus was who everyone says he was by looking at what I did. The same things all over again only this time all documented and witnessed. I knew who I was as a young boy and performed the same demonstration Jesus did to a much greater degree.This forum needs spellll check.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit