So, why didn't Jesus write anything down?

by poppers 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Here's what he wrote MR. Ballistic bastard......ya sick, makin fun of me bastard you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumby

• ballistic
    ballistic

What Gumbo?

That strange sign that people who can't drive put on the backs of their cars as a warning?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's all very simple: Jesus didn't want to be mistranslated. He didn't want people editing his words. He can always say that he never wrote any of the Bible.

He did the fish sign because it's kinda hard to mistranslate that, you know? A fish sign doesn't lose anything in the translations.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

Kristferdeanmartin??? Love it!
    I think it's hard to say it was the Jewish idea of deity since many of the Jews rejected Christ and didn't expect deity to come as a humble son of a carpenter.
    When you say other cultures idea of deity...can you give me some examples?

If you talk about Bhuddism or Hinduism, it wouldn't be accurate to say since they don't believe in deity like Christians do. If you are referring to Mohammed, he was never referred to as being a deity. Who do you mean?

And the other guy...i forgot your username...but I was saying Faith in our Creator, an eternal, all powerful, holy being. Truth in learning his will and purpose.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

So...how do you translate the fish then?

• ICHTHUS = Iesous Christos Theou Uios Soter ?
    • 1.73203 ? 265 X 153 ?
    • The womb and the cross? Union of heaven and earth, birth and death?

~Merry

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How about "Any fish boys?!?" Jesus from The Living Bible when he appeared on the shore and was speaking to the apostles in the boat. It's literally translated that way.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Actually, Jesus may have written something down. The Bible scholars (not the celebrated ones) are investigating a scroll now, called the Angel Scroll (the content is a bit similar to Revelation, I think), that may have been written by Jesus. And if so, then Jesus was an Essene. The language in the scroll is both Aramaic and Hebrew, and no, the tetragrammation is not in it. God is referred to as "El". It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

http://www.biblicalheritage.org/MSS/angel_scroll.htm

• poppers
    poppers

That's interesting, Hellrider. Thanks for the link. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this. Perhaps this will be the subject of Dan Brown's (The Da Vinci Code) next book.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Perhaps this will be the subject of Dan Brown's (The Da Vinci Code) next book.

Oh I hope not. I`m no big fan of Dan Brown...(the holy grail being Marys womb, ha ha, what a load of bs). Well, at least he made lots of money off that old tale (the theories he buildt his novels on are not his own). And the movie might be cool, it`s with Tom Hanks.

• Jake99
    Jake99

Yes I am saying that I am the Christ and all the other names and things that special human is known as. Not only did I write things down this time but I carved it in stone in the court rooms, US Marines, top notch schools, major unions, many cities and big businesses accross the USA. Look at my works and ways they were a replica of what you say Jesus did and exactly in line with prophecy about the Y2K Messiah. I was put on trial twice near Y2K for challenging the government and several doctors testified that I am not crazy but rather very extremely smart and capable. Many firsts and miracles have been left in my wake and my entire family has done likewise, its genetic perfection combined with opportunity with miraculous results. Just facts and witnesses, I encourage an investigation into my life before the Middle East and the world gets even worse.

Do you know what no lines on the map implies? It implies that the world must be run as a kingdom which is joint ownership, earned land use, one leader, standardized wages, set prices plus shipping and handling, only the best products, no money changers, gamblers, salesmen etc. I see no one but myself and Jesus recommending or operating such systems. The operating system is the base of the Jesus way of life and without that the world cannot be transformed into paradise.

Let me know when you want to stand behind the operating system Jesus recommended because that is the one I have been demonstrating for decades and it works perfectly. I can fix the world in the twinkling of an eye just as I have done for the largest unions and companies in America. No one in all of time has outperformed me and if you add my immediate family to the equation it becomes even more certain that I am the Christ. I am on time are you ready to look beneath the veil? This is the JW forum so I assume there are plenty of believers and volunteers that will wade through the mountains of evidence that proves I am the truth the light and the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit