So, why didn't Jesus write anything down?

by poppers 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ballistic
    ballistic

He did write something...

John 8:3-6

• "And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

• They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

• Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

• This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

T he truth is, no one knows as an absolute certainty, what Jesus wrote on the ground

• gumby
    gumby

The truth is, no one knows as an absolute certainty, what Jesus wrote on the ground

Oh yes sir! He made that little fish sign.

Gumby

• ballistic
    ballistic

Are you serious?

• kid-A
    kid-A

What the bibles and JW magazines say about Jesus is correct. I know because I am that man and I have been proving it and letting others document it for fifty years.

Jake, you need help, and probably some medication...

• Legolas
    Legolas
    I have never been a JW or attached to any religion, political party or country. What the bibles and JW magazines say about Jesus is correct. I know because I am that man and I have been proving it and letting others document it for fifty years. I suggest you look beneath the veil of mystery that I performed under and investigate the facts surrounding many hundreds of miracles and prophecies that were automatically performed. When you think or know you are the Christ you set out to prove such a thing and let others sort out the mountain of evidence left behind when you are done. In this day and age the evidence is carved in stone so you cannot reject Christ again by calling him crazy and putting him to death without knowing for sure what you did.

Come again now...Are you saying that you are Jesus?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Don't forget the letter of Jesus to Abgar, king of Edessa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abgar_of_Edessa

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Come again now...Are you saying that you are Jesus?

Simon wont be too happy. Jesus Christ already has an account here and you're not allowed to have two accounts.

• bebu
    bebu

2 Cor. 3:3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

...It can be argued endlessly about the authenticity of a document, or its authorship. It wouldn't have mattered if Jesus did write something--if he'd had the time. He did something radically better.

bebu

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    Perhaps the significant lesson is not in the message itself, but rather in it's fallibility.

Perhaps the significant lesson is that the message cannot be written down.Bebu

And when I think about what is being communicated through these questions--

did your experience help you to clearly see that which is infinitely vast and without beginning and end, and so then ultimately includes everyone and everything? or has your experience presented the Divine as a much smaller and limited thing separate and available only to a chosen few?

a concept or experience which I feel is important, I still can't help but think of this:

The man who invented the Total Perspective Vortex did so basically in order to annoy his wife. Trin Tragula--for that was his name--was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.

And she would nag him incessantly about the utterly inordinate amount of time he spent staring out into space, or mulling over the mechanics of safety pins, or doing spectrographic analyses of pieces of fairy cake.

'Have some sense of proportion!' she would say, sometimes as often as thirty-eight times in a single day.

And so he built the Total Perspective Vortex--just to show her.

And into one end he plugged the whole of reality as extrapolated from a piece of fairy cake, and into the other end he plugged his wife: so that when he turned it on she saw in one instant the whole infinity of creation and herself in relation to it.

To Trin Tragula's horror, the shock completely annihilated her brain; but to his satisfaction he realized that he had proved conclusively that if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion. --Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    ~Merry
  • JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Are you serious?

Have you ever known our beloved Gumby to be anything other than profoundly serious? I mean, you look up s-e-r-i-o-u-s, and there's a picture of Gumby.

Seriously,

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit