Please don't judge dear friends but I'll be pioneering next month...

by stillAwitness 100 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

There are some here that are simply forgetting that many of us who are still in are still very young and live at home. "um, 22 is not very young,,,,13 or 14 is...."

Those of you who live on your own, can take care of yourselves financially wether you get D'F or not..well some of us are not that lucky. "many of us do not live alone when we leave,,,we leave knowing we will be totally alone.......yet honest to ourselves...." I know plenty my age who were not prepared to leave the WT yet, ended up doing it anyway and are not left off to fend for themselves and being able to go to school is just not an option. "fending for oneselves,,,,now that is the real world....going to school is always an option,,it just takes time to arrange the options for oneselves" There have been plenty of times where I have been offered a place to live (usually by some guy it seemed that I was getting serious with at the time) but I just cannot think like that. I shudder at the thought of having to be dependant on a man. I want to do it on my own "if so, then why are you waiting for your parents to GIVE you a car,,,that is not doing it on your own" "sorry, i just seem to have a hard time with some younger ones who want life given to them on a platter

go ahead, get angry with me all, but that is the way i see it" orbi

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

< >

Selfish= You already have a car apparently, and you are disregarding your mothers feelings and criteria to get a better one.

Dis-honest= You are not just apathetic about the preaching work, you are totally against it, and you are gaining financially from going against your own principles. This is a sin against you and your mom. If your were honest with your mom, would you gain financially from this? No. So may I ask politely, what don't you get? Going to a meeting here and there to smooth things over is far different than Aux. Pioneering.... and gaining financially from this arrangement solely. Could I, as a believing Adult JW, Con my Catholic Grandpa into thinking I believed in his religion, maybe even take communion,simply to get stuff from him and not be considered dishonest?

<<< Maybe I should just go to my parents tonight, tell them I think JW's are a brainwashing cult and that I don't believe the FDS are God's mouthpiece nor that there is a Paradise. >>>

Reply: Or.... Get your own place You are 22, you are not entitled to be spoiled by your parents. Your excuse is that you cannot get a job? Cannot get an apartment? So therefore you must lie to your parents? Please.

Then I can pack my bags and move into a homeless shelter after they kick me out with all $37.50 in my bank account...

Reply: Oh, come now,why the Drama? Are they supporting you through College too? Rich people suck. I had to drop out of college and take a full-time job at 20. Ah, but we all can't be as "lucky" as me . Let me correct myself, Everyone can be as "Lucky" as me, in fact it is expected out of single individual regardless of their religious background :>)

Everyone on here can agree that everyone who wants to exit need to do it in a timely manner.

Reply: Nice try, you are an adult. How can you even think about doing this?

Of course, this is just a hypotheitical, there is no way you are serious about this right?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    The only thing is you must admit not all adults will treat YOU as an adult just by merit of your age or station in life. Quite a bit of it depends on their own.

You're right. You have to get to a point where you don't care and are true to yourself. I must say I haven't had anyone try to treat me like a child in a while. other than my parents. I don't present the picture of being a helpless child being that I am a six foot 220 pound black woman. Nothing childlike about me.

Josie

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

<<<Don't let some posters get to you, they aren't in your situation. You know what is right for you at the right time. This decision is your own. Take your time and do right.>>>

Reply: I was in her situation...Except without the parents giving me free rent part.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Just because some of you chose to leave the witnesses before you were financially ready doesn't mean it is the right choice for everyone. Most of you probably know that when you are raised in the organization, it becomes such a dependent way of life, it is hard to break away from it. And when you do, it may take years to mentally break away from it completely. It takes a lot of head work on yourself, and a bit of consideration to what it means to take care of yourself.

I know many here left under traumatic circumstances, like being disfellowshipped and being cut off from everyone and everything in an instant. But leaving on your own is a whole different ball game. Why not at least try to do it as less dramatic, traumatic, and painful as possible. It is not completely avoidable, but there are degrees, I think.

Everyone has their threshhold of when enough is enough and you just can't do it anymore, and I think it is different for everyone. 22 may sound old to still be dependent on your parents, but I found it to be pretty common among witnesses when I was in ... for girls in particular. I know of JW women in their late 20s who still live with their parents today.

I know you don't have a set plan in mind yet, stilla, but if you are serious about leaving some day, you might start thinking about exactly how you can do it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I know of JW women in their late 20s who still live with their parents today.

I know of a jw woman in her late 30's who still lives with her mother. She has a brother a little younger who still lives at home. She also has a sister who is only 6 months older than me who lived in their parents' house until her mid 30's then moved out but still is closely linked to the parents. None of these children have ever married and my mother just loved to use them as examples of perfect jw children who have stayed in the "truth". Personally I think they are a very good examples of wasted lives.

Josie

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    I know of a jw woman in her late 30's who still lives with her mother. She has a brother a little younger who still lives at home. She also has a sister who is only 6 months older than me who lived in their parents' house until her mid 30's then moved out but still is closely linked to the parents. None of these children have ever married and my mother just loved to use them as examples of perfect jw children who have stayed in the "truth". Personally I think they are a very good examples of wasted lives.

I agree. It is remarkable to me how different the expections of boys and girls are when it comes to what they are to do when they "grow up". The boys are to either get married young and move out, or go to Brooklyn, or at the very least, move out and support themselves. Girls are to get married young and move out. If that doesn't work, they are to live at home with their parents hoping a nice JW man comes along to marry someday ... and we know how many or those there are.

• orbison11
    orbison11

(removed)

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

OH GOD!!! you know, i just couldnt do it... icant go give these magazines to the ppl stupid enough to take them from me... i would be too scared someone else might come fan the fires of the stupid... you do what you have to...

i just think that everytime i get into this car of mine, id see the faces of the poor ppl i have sent to the suffering i have gone through.... couldnt do it to them.. the infamous one ps. are othe rppl seriously editing my posts???????

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Please don't judge dear friends but I'll be pioneering next month...

Sorry but even by the title of your thread you knew it would happen, possibly projection on your part?

If you don't wish to be judged don't do things that cause you to be judged. In other words live in an honorable way. A way you can respect as well as others.

Way back in this thread I said something in regard to 'pimp my car', you didn't get the drift but I was referring to you selling yourself short, selling yourself out. How can you present the Blotchtower and Asleep! knowing if someone takes the information to heart it can wreck havoc on their lives. The very thing you've come here discussing yourself.

Shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit