Please don't judge dear friends but I'll be pioneering next month...

by stillAwitness 100 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

orbision11 please don't post PM's.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Stilla,

It's taken me 17 hours to read this thread so add this to your hours. Count the number of times you have responded to this thread and add the number of respondents...this is your number of return visits. Post the cover of a brochure and we'll count it as a "Bible" study.

Just remember if you place any literature make sure that you add a URL that takes the interested person to a useful website. If they discard it without reading it or the URL then no harm is done.

3rd

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Duplicate post

• calico
    calico

Just keep going to school and one day you will be able to support yourself. You don't want to end up in your forties, married to an idiot, and no education to fall back on!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You are have had lot of posts on this one StillA.

You just do what you feel you have to do and don't let anyone here put the same type of emotional blackmail on you that you get from the WT.

You, and I, are both in very difficult situations and I am sure that there are those here that disagree with our decisions, but be assured, that no matter what you do, I know that your heart is in the right place and that there are many here that love you unconditionally.

Cheers

Chris

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Ever heard of the 'Butterfly Effect'?

One magazine left in one home could lead to nothing, or maybe a whole family come into 'The Truth'. The children get teased at school, get baptised out of pressure then get cut off from their families when they hit their 20's. Eventually they find this thread and wonder . . .

StillA, do you really want to do this? Can you live with even the remotest possiblity that you would be responsible for more children growing up in that bloody cult? And all for what? Stuff.

I'm 41 and though I'm learning new skills to provide better for my family I am, thanks to the Watchtower, still cleaning windows - yes it's true. I take the 'window washer' jibes here in good humour because we are like family and it's in that spirit that I say this to you now - you're making a mistake. Don't do it.

I struggle to provide for my family. We don't have any money and my kids (12, 16 and 18) are all still at school. Life is tough and I would love to have more materially but I wouldn't do what you're about to do for a million dollars.

All that being said, it's your choice. Good luck and I hope you can live with it, I couldn't.

• Chia
    Chia

You should do what is best for you at the moment and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

My mother emotionally and financially blackmailed me as well. Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore, and after she confronted me, I left abruptly (you can read my post history for the full story). Has it been difficult since I left? Hell, yes. Is my freedom and peace of mind worth it? Absolutely. But that isn't the best way for everyone to do it. I had to walk the line too for a while. If I had the circumstances where I could put up with my mother's crap while she helped fund my college education, I would've taken advantage.

My point is, just do what is best for YOU. If you can sleep at night, you've made the right choice.

• joelbear
    joelbear

go to the doors and bad talk the witnesses.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Thanks to all who took the time to give in their 2 cents worth

Anyways at the end of the day StillA will do what is right for StillA,,,

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship."

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

So how's it going Stilla?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit