Please don't judge dear friends but I'll be pioneering next month...

by stillAwitness 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    Not to be critical - but I would not do it. I would find it a violation of what I know now to be wrong.

I would hate the possiblility that I might actually help someone to convert. Or that I might encourage the witnesses in thier work.

I think it depends on how she handles it. I use to tell people it made me nervous for other people for other people to hear my presentation so I could go tot he door by myself. Then, I would pretend to ring the doorbell. Oh well! No one's homes! I was a regular pionner for year when I was a teenager. I can guarantee I didn't convert anybody!

She could also get a lot of "time" by writing letters that never get mailed.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i would rather. hitch hike. rollerskate. or walk 5 miles to work in the snow with no shoes. than peddle one wt rag.. some ppl have no morals. an i'm not one of them. i've allready lived in the street for 5 months . because of my jw dad and the wt. but i got myself on my feet. and i would do it again if need be. john

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I used to have to aux. pioneer during the summer to appease my parents as well. I feel your pain girl.

Same here.

Just remember... it is VERY easy to be a 100% ineffective pioneer. Also, don't every bother trying to get in all of the hours you need... you have my permission to put some "pretend" hours, RVs, studies, etc on your monthly report.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Why dont you just say you are "phone witnessing" and fake it? You arent really going to stand in the street peddling that crap are you? For that amount of

public humiliation, I hope its at least going to be a Mercedez Sports Coupe CLK !!!! LOL

• greendawn
    greendawn

I wouldn't do it but you can make sure that ppl know what the JWs are really all about so that they will make the right decision. And at least you will get a car for your efforts.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Just don't let any of us catch you making a return visit! Then you have some 'splainin to do.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Damselfly's Tips to Ineffectively Pioneer

1. The bigger the car group, the less doors will be your turn.

2. Offer to go to the door with a different person in the car group for all visits. Practice saying " No, go ahead I'll get the next one"

3. If stuck in a small car group team up with a like minded person, take all doors together and just don't ring the bell.

4. Senior citizens and return visits can waste the whole afternoon. Attempt to get the topic off track by asking about grandchildren and the "good ole days"

5. Get sick halfway thru the morning and go home, say you will make a few phone calls once you get there.

6. Always have to go the washroom, I mean repeatedly, numerous times.

Dams

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    it just kinda sucks knowing i have to.

Be honest. You don't have to. Like you said you can go for the heap you can afford and not sell yourself out.

I suggest you be honest with yourself, and admit you are doing something totally against your true hearts desires in order to gain materially. There is no right or wrong here. No good or bad. Just be honest with yourself and be OK with what you are doing.

In the future, when you are older and have more freedom to follow your heart, you may not feel a need to sell-out. But, for now, do what you feel is best for you. Just be honest about it and clear that you are making a conscious decision to pioneer. Take responsibility for your actions, and don't beat yourself up about it.

j

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Wild_Thing: Do you have a plan to get on your own financially where you don't have to feel blackmailed?

Um....no..not quite. I know it awful but its been so hard for me to find a job since I've been in school. Mom says its because I have not put "Jehovah first" but then again if I did have a job she would say I still was not putting "Jehovah first" so yes you are right: damned if you damned if you don't.

My plans are kind of up in the air right now. Maybe I can call on one of you guys to help a chick out when she's ready to make the move...I do dishes.

Ak-Jeff: I would hate the possiblility that I might actually help someone to convert. Or that I might encourage the witnesses in thier work.

I hardly doubt that will happen. If I do letter writing I will slip in silentlambs.org somewhere (but then again I have never done letter writing before so I don't know if that would be possible) same will placing magazines. I will make sure to slip in a post it or in big black letters somewhere I will write reexamine.orf or exjws.net. Anything to make me say "okay, at least i tried"

Country Guy: Can you count your time on JWD? Technically, you are giving us a witness, just not one the WTS would like.

LOL! Actually, I plan on counting my time even when I mention the word in "brooklyn" in a sentence.

Johnny: I have morals Johnny! Like has been mentioned it is very easy to not be an effective witness so to speak. I've done it up to this point pretty good.

• 1VTHokie
    1VTHokie

StillA,

As much as I detest the WT organization, I understand your decision and do not judge you in any way. Sometimes in life, "ya gotta do, what ya gotta do" to get by.

I hope you get your car, and I hope the month passes quickly.

Remember: just hold on; it won't be forever.

Good Luck!

Rita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit