Please don't judge dear friends but I'll be pioneering next month...

by stillAwitness 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Awww..you guys are being so supportive..and I thought you would of deemed me as unworthy for being a member of the JWD family anymore.

Your sin is grievous but you will be forgiven. For your penance you must buy 5 copies of Crisis of Conscience and leave them in local laundromats.

W

• Golf
    Golf

You gotta do whatcha gotta do. Hey, its your life right? Do what YOU think is 'convenient' at the moment.

Golf

• orbison11
    orbison11

sorry, but i am with you mrsjones5, my integrity is what counts,,,,i could not live the lie

that is why i am out and can stay out,,,albeit i started out in extreme poverty,,,and not a youngin either,,,now that was a challenge,,,,,,,,but i am so much better for it and became a person i never thought i had the capabilities to become:) am very proud of myself

just my 2cents worth:)

orbi

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Yes, good to know JWD supports selfish dishonest behavior, Way to go fellas:>)

Explain to me how my actions merit selfish and dishonest? Maybe I should just go to my parents tonight, tell them I think JW's are a brainwashing cult and that I don't believe the FDS are God's mouthpiece nor that there is a Paradise.

Then I can pack my bags and move into a homeless shelter after they kick me out with all $37.50 in my bank account...

Everyone on here can agree that everyone who wants to exit need to do it in a timely manner.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

There are some here that are simply forgetting that many of us who are still in are still very young and live at home.

Those of you who live on your own, can take care of yourselves financially wether you get D'F or not..well some of us are not that lucky.

I know plenty my age who were not prepared to leave the WT yet, ended up doing it anyway and are not left off to fend for themselves and being able to go to school is just not an option.

There have been plenty of times where I have been offered a place to live (usually by some guy it seemed that I was getting serious with at the time) but I just cannot think like that. I shudder at the thought of having to be dependant on a man.

I want to do it on my own.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I do sympathize Stilla, I really do.

I have jw parents. I know the games they play - my mother is an expert.

But there comes a time even if you live with them when you have to stand on your own.

My first car was a small Honda hatchback, that my father helped me get when I was 19. I paid the down, my father co-signed, after that I paid the note and insurance. There were no other strings attached other than my keeping up with my payments. If there had been strings I would not have agreed to let my parents help me.

But that is me. You have to make a decision as to what you can live with, how much you can compromise your integrity and what you believe. Only you can do that.

What you just said before was childish, reminded me of when I had fights with my parents and I would say "I am not a child, you have to treat me like an adult!" I've learned over the years (I do have 18 years on you Stilla) that when you're an adult you don't have to ask anyone to treat you as such.

Josie

• LDH
    LDH
    What you just said before was childish, reminded me of when I had fights with my parents and I would say "I am not a child, you have to treat me like an adult!" I've learned over the years (I do have 18 years on you Stilla) that when you're an adult you don't have to ask anyone to treat you as such.

And *I* have learned from experince that this only works if the other party is emotionally mature.

Otherwise, an adult you may be, but others will refuse to recognize that. They can and will continue to diminish your accomplishments while stubbornly refusing to acknowledge that yes, you are an adult, and are much more capable than they will EVER give you credit for.

You see, Mrs. J, I have a JW mother too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    They can and will continue to diminish your accomplishments while stubbornly refusing to acknowledge that yes, you are an adult, and are much more capable than they will EVER give you credit for.

You see, Mrs. J, I have a JW mother too.

Yep, and when my dear mother pulls that crap on me I very gently remind her who's she talking to. Which most often results in her playing the martyr and us not speaking to each other for a couple of months but eventually she gets over it and in the meanwhile I get a little peace.

Josie

• LDH
    LDH
    Which most often results in her playing the martyr and us not speaking to each other for a couple of months but eventually she gets over it and in the meanwhile I get a little peace.

LOL, exactly. Me too. Only in my case it's YEARS.

The only thing is you must admit not all adults will treat YOU as an adult just by merit of your age or station in life. Quite a bit of it depends on their own.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    There have been plenty of times where I have been offered a place to live (usually by some guy it seemed that I was getting serious with at the time) but I just cannot think like that. I shudder at the thought of having to be dependant on a man.

I want to do it on my own.

That deserves a huge thumbs up! I was so desperate to leave that I moved to the other side of the country at 18, with no money in the bank, no skills nothing. I had some clothes and a few family pictures. I moved because I was offered a place to live with my boyfriend. I was so far away from home, nothing was familiar I knew no one and had just lost all of my family forever. We lived in very dangerous areas and worked bad jobs, I put myself in a lot of danger very stupidly just trying to survive.

You don't want to do it that way, I am still recovering from it, the hardest thing I have ever done. Much better to bide your time and leave when you can stand on your feet and be self supporting.

Don't let some posters get to you, they aren't in your situation. You know what is right for you at the right time. This decision is your own. Take your time and do right.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit