What has been your response with telling "devout" JW's about the UN scandal

by booker-t 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I told my mom.............and she did not believe me.........

and asked..........."Where you getting all this stuff?"

From the internet, I say.

She said ..........I want you to block that out and come to your own conclusions.

And we went on to something else.............but I wanted to plant the seed anyway.

We will have a chance to talk again.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    She said ..........I want you to block that out and come to your own conclusions.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Tell her to do that with the WBTS publications.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Tell her to do that with the WBTS publications.

HA, good idea!

purps

• skyman
    skyman

The Elders here DF'd my dad because he refused to shut up about it. They said it was not true and when I sent them all a certified letter from the Society they said I made it on my computer and was a fake. Finally the Elders received a letter from the Society that told them the truth and they reinstate my dad the week they received the letter. One Elder called and asked for his forgiven and I told him to announce from the pltform that it was true and apologizes to me and my dad, he said, they could not do that. Many here think I was mislead and believe it is not possible that the Socity joined the UN. Boy this makes me sick.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They don't blinking care!!

They cannot concieve that the great and good WTS would do anything wrong. They say. "The Society has answered that question" They see no harm in having a library card. Their view is to say that if the Society did it, they must have had a good reason!

• theredhead
    theredhead

I showed my mother, who is the kind that does not attend but still claims that she is one..Well anyways, she went red and said " this is apostacy and I will not have no part of it" she told me I should pray to Jehovah for forgiveness..

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    " this is apostacy and I will not have no part of it"

Poor confused people. This is what they should be saying to the Watchtower Society, not to their daughters and sons.

(hi, redhead)

~Merry

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have discussed this with countless numbers of JWs. I have posted the UN site where they had specifically spoken about the WTS and their association with them.

I have repeatedly been told that I am a liar, and that the UN site is all lies put up by apostates to make the WTS look bad.....(there's a pretty good trick eh?) On further investigation, SOME JWs will admit there was a "type of association" but it was ONLY to gain access to files and a "library card" , etc,, so the WTS could do "humanitarian" work in foreign countries.

Die-hard JWs for the most part...will defend everything and anything the WTS does, and defend it while singing its praises. The WTS counts on this reaction and blind support; having the sheep in the palm of their very soiled hands.

There will be more scandals and more things exposed as the WTS goes arrogantly on their way as they collect the $$$ from the sheep's labor and amass their wealth. They continue to keep these sheep in the dark by keeping any damaging information from them. It's working quite nicely now....but odds are against them and this cannot last indefinetely.

I'm bagging up my supply of popcorn now, because I don't want to move away from this computer for a moment when the news gets out that the WTS has gone DOWN!

Annie

• morning glory
    morning glory

Initially,2 elders came to pay me a "shepherding" call since I had been missing a lot of meetings after I found out about the NGO scandel. When they kept prying for further reasons why I no longer came to the meetings,I finally disclosed my feelings about the WTS/NGO affiliation.The first elder's reaction was that "it was apostate lies". The second elder said that the FDS "would never do such a thing" that it was apostate lies also. When I showed them the letter from the branch indicating that indeed the WTS had been involved 10 years with the UN as an NGO,the reaction changed to,"See- now they have discontinued the relationship now that the criteria is no longer acceptable" Also,"Forgive them and get on with the truth" Also,"Wait on Jehovah to deal with it"

A few months down the road,2 other elders contacted me about the NGO scandel and were not willing to "leave it in Jehovah's hands" as they counselled me to do.It did not matter to them that the WTS went against everything it had previously published about the UN.Bottom line was that "it is Jehovah's organization" and that I should basically repent for having made an issue of the whole thing. One of their main concerns and also of the 2 original elders involved in this,was that NO ONE ELSE get wind of this piece of news.They were so afraid of me disclosing this information to other JWs! This reminded me of how they deal with pedophiles in the congregations. Same way,basically.They try to suppress the truth as much as they can for the sake of the organization's reputation.

I told my brother(an elder,in the organization as many years as me) about the NGO situation and he said that,"It was not a big deal to him" My sister said I should ask the circuit overseer about it when he comes on his next visit. Yeh right! Another sister said I was "close to being an apostate" for mentioning it to her! Another sister offered to the elders her testimony,which resulted in my wife getting disfellowshipped for apostasy and trying to create divisions.To sum it all up- most of the reaction from those who were told about this hypocritical relationship managed to find ways of getting around facing up to the real truth.One can only hope that later some of these individuals will begin to start thinking for themselves.

MORNING GLORY

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I've never mentioned it to anyone before but I am itching to do it just to see what they will say. I just want to create a scenario first so it does not look like I'm being the bad little brooklym slave.

So here is the best one I have thought up so far:

-Pretend I have a professor who used to work in the UN building and when I tell him I am one of JW's one day he says to my sheer surprise: "Oh yes! JW's! I remember when they were one of our members then for some reason after an article came out they suddenly pulled there membership. Do you know why?"

Whatcha think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit