What has been your response with telling "devout" JW's about the UN scandal

by booker-t 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Morning Glory!

You said..."When I showed them the letter from the branch indicating that indeed the WTS had been involved 10 years with the UN as an NGO,the reaction changed to,"See- now they have discontinued the relationship now that the criteria is no longer acceptable" Also,"Forgive them and get on with the truth" Also,"Wait on Jehovah to deal with it"

...."Now that they have discontinued the relationship" is such a crock. There should never have BEEN a relationship to begin with! According to the WTS in years and years of publications...the UN was a disgusting entity that only false religion "related" to or had any dealings with! What were they even DOING anywhere NEAR there?

And how come they did all this for 10 years behind the backs of the JWs that support and trust them? What if a JW had a affair with someone for 10 years and then WHEN CAUGHT... made up some sorry excuse and said the elders would have to "wait on Jehovah to correct matters?

The Witchtower Babble and Trick Sassiety thinks its sh** doesn't stink and that they are above ANY law...including God's and the ones they set down themselves. What a sick , despicable and lying cult! ANYONE that puts ANY faith and trust in them after knowing what they have done (and continue to do as they screw the faithful sheep) gets just what the WTS has to offer----nothing! ( but dishonesty and purposeful deception.)

Bottom line was that "it is Jehovah's organization" and that I should basically repent for having made an issue of the whole thing.

Yup---that makes sense---NOT! YOU have to repent because YOU discovered that "Mother" had been doing the nasty and had spoken abot it! AFA being "Jehovah's orgnization"...only THEY have made that "claim" and it has never been proven anywhere at anytime. They said it--so it must be true? Don't think so.

It was the same scenario with me in 1999, I hasd discovered the WTS had buddied up with the Jimmy Swaggart Ministires and the Hare Krishna to fight a lawsuit in court to prevent religions who made vast amounts of money through selling tapes etc, from having to pay taxes on these items. They all lost the case.

The following month the WTS sends out a bogus and deceptive letter stating how they were "lovingly and under Jehovah's direction, were going over the new "donation arrangement" where they woud not be setting a fixed price on these goods but merely asking for a donation to "cover the cost". We ALL know that these items were paid for by the JW and the money tey got at the doors forthese same items...would ALSO be sent to the WTS.

LOVING? From Jehovah? NOT. It was a money-making scheme that was hatched at the HQ, and it worked. But those who "found out" what had REALLY precipitated the move---was an apostate for KNOWING and INQUIRING about it! This was what led to my eyes being opened as to who and what the WTS was all about after 30 years of being a staunch believer. *I* was "weak" for believing and was guilty of stirring up contentions by telling others what I thought they should know. What I was shown was in black and white online documentation of the court papers. Go figure.

At least that website showing the UN letters and documents....had far more credibilty than the WTS did---IT could verify their information. The WTS has yet to prove that THEY were chosen and approved by God in 1918. The WTS IS an anti-christian cult.

Annie

• morning glory
    morning glory

Hi Sunspot,

I agree with your observations regarding the NGO scandel and the "new voluntary donation" arrangement. It is all bull$hit and lies that generally achieve their purpose of deceiving the blind and unthinking followers. Because most JWs have become such brainless robots over the years by listening faithfully over and over to WT propaganda,they just can't see the forest for the trees. I noticed that with each individual that I discussed the NGO situation with(at least 12),that all initially felt that it was not the right thing for the WTS to have done. But,as they started to think about the implications of the situation,and reality set in,one by one,most started to make various excuses or justifications for this hypocritical action. Fear of man,fear of dying at Armageddon,fear of losing friends and family,fear of looking at "truth" straight in the eye,were all factors that resulted in a gradual acceptance of the WTS's explanation of the matter. Sadly,for those who claim to have the "truth",love of truth does not play an important part in their decision making processes.

I used to respect many JWs a lot,but since going through the experience of their reaction to the NGO scandel,I do not have much respect for their blindness and inability to reason on matters. They are more to be pitied,IMO.And the GB deserves whatever it gets down the road and more! They are the ones that prey on human's desperation and desire to have answers.Realizing that the WTS's actions are DELIBERATE and not as a result of religious fanaticism,was probably one of the most hurtful things I learned in life. To comprehend that fellow humans could be so treacherous and hypocritical under the guise of being our friend was a hard pill to swallow for my wife and myself.But,we are getting over it and,one thing we have learned is to NEVER accept anything again for as long as we live,that cannot be proven or substantiated.Our subsequent search for truth has taken us to areas that I would never have considered as a JW! Looking back,I would never have missed this for the world!

MORNING GLORY

• jojochan
    jojochan

The funny thing was when I asked my pop about that issue with the U.N he did'nt know about it.

AND HE REGULARLY VISITS THAT SITE!

Deep down inside I think he knows something, I mean; he CAN'T be that naive.

jojochan.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I rarely discuss the UN scandal - or any other scandal - with JWs any more. Whether you're discussing the UN scandal, child abuse, false prophecies, blood, or anything else with a JW, I don't believe it's possible to get a positive response from them unless they are already disgruntled about something or have serious doubts. They have been trained to jump through mental hoops, and will do so in their attempts to justify any and all Watchtower wrongdoing.

W

• james_woods
    james_woods

What I cannot reconcile about this is their cover story that it was "just for a library card"??? What in the world would they really need from the UN Library? What could possibly be of so much value there to a religious order which is "no part of the world"...This has got to be the silliest cover story I have heard in years.

• Chimene
    Chimene
    Can't tell any of the ones I know, they all shun me. Well, I do have one friend I work with, I'll have to ask her and get back to you

OH! your gonna love this! My dedicated JW friend responded to my question of what do you think about the UN-WTS scandal, and this is literally the response I got, which I copied and pasted from e-mail:

Don't know what you mean??? What scandal??

• james_woods
    james_woods

I forgot to mention that I happen to know a lot of ex-witnesses who left during the early 1980 time frame. Most of them had not heard anything about the UN either; I guess that they have just gotton on with their lives and don't follow society silliness much anymore.

For example, I talk to Betty Dunlap (Ed's wife) about once or twice a month and she had heard nothing of it until this winter. However, none of the ones I told were much surprised by it - probably not too much of anything the WTS does now is going to shock these people. I also don't think Marion Dunlap knew anything about it before he passed away this fall.

However, all these people are truly aghast at the child abuse coverup - I guess that the horror of innocent kids being totally ignored cannot be overlooked.

• luna2
    luna2

Madam Pioneer Dub caught me as I was in my car getting ready to back out of my driveway. I mentioned the UN scandal and she said...."I don't believe that really happened". I'm like, you don't believe what happened? She apparently didn't believe that the holy WTS had ever signed up with the UN. I told her it was documented, but I didn't happen to be carrying any proofs in my purse at that exact moment. I'm sure she comforted herself on the way back to the KH with thoughts of what an apostate I was and how I'd be sorry when Armageddy rolls around. Poor woman.

There are a lot of JWs that go around with their heads in a vacuum. I was one of them for much too long.

• Chimene
    Chimene
    Don't know what you mean??? What scandal??

OK, I sent her a clip istantly after she replied with this answer over 2 hours ago, and she won't talk about it. hhhhmmmmmm go figure

• savedtoserve
    savedtoserve

I haven't bothered to share it my folks or other family -all of them deep in WT. I did though with a JW who sent me a rather accusatory e-mail and his reply "OH, well the Society makes mistakes, they're not perfect but Jehovah is still leading us." -"Jehovah is still leading us"...? good grief, like yeah right Jehovah would lead them to get in bed with the UN and then make it sound is if He approved after the 'fornication' was already done! They can't say it didn't happen by being ostrich like and sticking their heads in the sand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit