What has been your response with telling "devout" JW's about the UN scandal

by booker-t 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• booker-t
    booker-t

I was talking to a elderly JW's lady at the donut shop the other day and I brought up the UN and the WT scandal. This woman told me that I was lying and that JW's leaders would never be apart of a "satanic" org as the UN. She said that "apostates" are spreading vivious lies about JW's and are only telling half truths. She said that from time to time JW's leaders have quoted info from the UN only because they wanted access to the UN Library which has loads of vital info on humanity. I asked her why do JW's frown upon young JW's who want to join the YMCA if they only want to use the swimming pool? Why do JW's frown upon JW's that clean carpets that might have a church or temple client? Why do JW's frown upon JW's who work for the police dept or military?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have not dared do it - as I would get the big D - told my non-witness relatives though

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I really don't have any contact with any Dubs since I left so it remains a non-issue in my life.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I told a number of people in the KH that I attended and then the elders pulled me aside and told me not to tell anyone else. Several couples that I was very good friends with no longer attend and have been inactive ever since. This included several elders!

Swalker

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Quite simply - they won't even consider that it is true!

Elder #1 - Handed the UN letter back to me after reading the second paragraph that stated they would have to agree with the principles of the UN Charter.

Elder #2 - Thru emails - he told me he refused to look at anything from the UN - it was an evil organization and why would he believe anything they said about the witnesses. Then he promptly issued me my 'shunning orders' and will not return my emails.

They are terrified it might be true, methinks!

Jeff

• FairMind
    FairMind

I've told several fellow JWs about the UN letter. None would acknowledge that it was hypocritical of the WTS to be affiliated with the UN as a NGO. No one went into denial but all defended the WTS. Seems to me that some people can't reason on the principles involved with this issue.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Elders sat in stunned silence as they read the Paul Hoeffel letter from the UN which acknowledged the WBTS role as an NGO associated with the UN. After they were done, the reaction was: "Someone at Bethel must have made a mistake. We'll just have to wait on Jehovah for it to be corrected. BTW, you still believe that this is God's organization, don't you?" A "heads up" for anyone who's still a JW out there...a "no" answer to this question seals your fate. So if you're planning on being truthful (with "no" for an answer), have your bags packed.

• elliej
    elliej

"I don't know anything about that!" And then he shook his head at my obnoxious, apostate lies.

I'm sure he isn't losing any sleep over it, he disregarded it before it was even out of my mouth.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    After they were done, the reaction was: "Someone at Bethel must have made a mistake. We'll just have to wait on Jehovah for it to be corrected. BTW, you still believe that this is God's organization, don't you?" A "heads up" for anyone who's still a JW out there...a "no" answer to this question seals your fate. So if you're planning on being truthful (with "no" for an answer), have your bags packed.

No truer words have been spoken.

One of the elders told me that the Watchtower would be giving us some 'New Light' and we needed to wait for it to be revealed.

I disagreed and now am labeled 'apostate' by this loving organisation that is ruled by antichrists.

• Chimene
    Chimene

Can't tell any of the ones I know, they all shun me. Well, I do have one friend I work with, I'll have to ask her and get back to you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit