What were you disfellowshipped for?

by aquagirl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

A few months before my 18th B-day, I was with a group of "worldly" friends, and a pretty major act of vandalism occured involving a Sherrif's Patrol Car. I was arrested for my involvement (even though I did not participate directly in the act). It got a lot of news press. I was called into a judicial meeting as soon as I got out of jail. I was told that I had brought reproach on Jehovah's Name and His Organization and was quickly DF'd. Another reason cited for my dismissal was, and I'm not kidding here, the fact that someone had observed me listening to The Doors. I fessed up to this apparently serious transgression, but was amazed at some of the things that my supposed "friends" and "brothers" had accused me of that were completely false. One person said that he had seen me beat up my mom and sister (rediculous). Someone else said that there was a videotape circulating that featured me and my girlfriend having sex. (sadly, I was still a virgin at 18). Another one said that I was experimenting with the occult. When I found out that all these people were saying all of these crazy things about me, I told them that they could keep their "Organization". Best thing that ever could have happened to me.

-Breck

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I'm not df'd or da'd as yet. Though, I and my husband have been shunned numerous times. The gossip is that we are apostates. Amazing how it is okay to warn people about apostates but the child molesters can hang around for years without anyone being able to say a word about it.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I was called into a judicial meeting as soon as I got out of jail. I was told that I had brought reproach on Jehovah's Name and His Organization and was quickly DF'd.

Interesting. I got a DUI 2 years ago and of course Dear old Mother instantly called the men in the cheap suits over after I had bailed myself out of jail but they never D'F me for it.

Weird.

• Carmel
    Carmel

...disobedience to my parents... anyone know a 14 yr old that isn't at some point??

carmel

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I wasn't dfd, I da'd last November after a few months of extreme doubt about the wts doctrines. The real catalyst, though, was when a friend of mine da'd and the elders threatened me with a jc or worsr because I continued to have contact with him. I knew it wasn't the truth by then, and took my own action.

• delilah
    delilah

...disobedience to my parents... anyone know a 14 yr old that isn't at some point??

Carmel, you've got to be kidding me??? That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

I'm not currently df'd, but who knows????

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Spiritism..........I started reading horoscopes in the paper at work, then started reading them on the internet. My own ex turned me in.

Terri

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh me? I'm a fornicator too. Yep, me and my husband. I love the word, it makes me laugh, and everybody I tell. I'm a local hero. But I'm also in the YMCA, I talk to disfellowshipped people, I'm going to college and I know that armageddon isn't coming, so... I'd say the train has sailed on my reinstatement.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I'm not DF'd. I still haven't committed any GROSS sin, which is supposed to be a reason for "disfellowshipping". Not some "I'm gonna get him vendetta.

Dismembered

• ballistic
    ballistic

Married very young in the JWs to my first girlfriend. Unknown to me, my witness wife was sleeping around constantly during the two year marriage with strangers. When she decided to confess to the elders (not to me) , she made a big part of her confession the sex we had had before marriage.

I was promptly ousted for not confessing to this previously. How about that? Find out what your wife has been up to and being told you are not allowed to speak to all your friends at the same time.

I was actually told that the fact I had had two years in which to confess - and I didn't - made it worse and that was why they could not accept my repentance - even though some people on this web site and that I know of were told that the pre-marital sex were "so long ago - not to worry about it".

I can't get these two principles to match up in my head... 1. It was so long ago, don't worry about it. 2. It's been so long, you've had all this time to confess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit