What were you disfellowshipped for?

by aquagirl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Just curious,if anyone dosent mind sharing..Myself,Id been out in the real world for 11 years,married twice,etc etc,and the 'trio of guys in bad suits' came over one night and told me that I was being charged w/adultery AND fornication..My then boyfriend,and I laughed so hard that we forgot to sic the dog on 'em...Funny,cause one of the guys Id lived with,a few years prior,an elders son,not baptized,but in good standing,never got even so much as a stern talking to..I remember one of the last meetings I went to as a teenager.The 'trio" came to my parents house and said that I wasnt to come to meetings braless anymore,that it was disturbing the brothers and making them have impure thoughts..And that by me being in a band,in the 'world',I was opening myself to satan...what a bunch of weirdos.Especialy since one of my "fondest" memories is of being out in feield service,alone w/an elder,and him having his pants open in the car,and his penis sticking out the whole time.i was like 10,and wasnt sure exactly what the issue was,guess i was a bit naive,but he kept touching it and looking at me..This was a BIG cheese elder at the time too..Very highly thought of and all..Again,what a bunch of wierdos....

• roybatty
    roybatty

After being out for a year or so I was DF'd for.... (drum roll please) joining the local YMCA. I'm such an evil man.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well as I have said many times before ....I was D/F because I admitted that I did not believe Jesus came invisably in 1914.... I must say at the time I was devastated. But NOW!!! I amSOOOOO Grateful to be free & able to THINK INDEPENDENTLY!!! & LOVE all.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I wrote the Governing Haughty a letter calling them the hypocrites and white-washed graves they are and sent copies to the local congs.

They dF'd me six weeks after the letters were postmarked for "a pause to see."

Frannie (of the Apostababe class)

• Honesty
    Honesty

The crimes I committed would have resulted in my expulsion from the Watchtower's "Christian" Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses if I had been summoned to a Judicial Committee which was in the process of being formed to investigate if it were true that I had dispensed without proper authority to other congregation members a letter from the United Nations regarding the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Two other issues were under consideration for the same Judicial Committee. One concerned a comment that I made to a member of the local body of Elders that the Watchtower Society was, in all liklihood and for all intent and purposes not appointed by Jesus to dispense spiritual food to mankind. The other and far most important issue of all was a rumor that I personally felt that Jesus deserved to be worshipped as God. These issues were never resolved to the satisfaction of the Watchtower Society because in November 2004 I called Brooklyn Bethel at 718-560-5000 and told them I quit because the whole lot of them are liars and hypocrites.

Bob Evans

Walland, TN.

• acadian
    acadian

Hi aquagirl,

Personally I DAed myself, but my wife was DFed for showing mercy to a DFed sister.(a good friend of ours)

The DFed sister was married over 20 years to a serial rapist and didn't know it until he finally got caught.
    Needless to say she was devastated, He recieved life plus 300 years, he wont be out for awhile.

How did the elders help her? They didn't, other than make suggestions like, go out in service more and find joy in service you need to get to more meetings,and you'll find joy, you get the picture how they help you, they don't, they don't offer any real advice.

So our friend went into a deep depression,started drinking abit too much,and things went down hill for her from there.
    She was in a bad state,we offered all we had to help her, but when you find out the person you,ve been living with for over the past 20 years is a serial rapist, that just throws your whole world upside down.

Anyways the elders DFed her. Well she lives out in the boonies,she's on a well for her water, in the summer her well runs dry and we live close to each other and she would come over and fill her water cans.

The elders found out she was getting water from us,and that had to stop, most of the time we never even saw her get the water because she used an outside fauset, anyway she had to get her water somewhere else, even though we were the closes water too her.

Oh by the way, she started cleaning houses after the husband thing,but when she wasDFed all the JW's she cleaned houses for dropped her.
    I mean everything went wrong for her.

All we were doing was trying to show her kindness and mercy, and love concerning her situation.

Three elders showed up at our house told us to stop helping her, well that wasn't going to happen so they DFed my wife, me i'm in limbo with them but i DAed myself in 2001 so i don't really care what they do , because that's not my life anymore.

Acadian

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I celebrated Christmas. (I'm so ashamed!)

They didn't know I was an atheist and a smoker at the time, they'd've probably objected to that, too. ;-)

Official charge -- apostasy.

Sorry about your DF'ing Roy, but it's good to know they do DF for YMCA membership. I assumed so, but it's good to have evidence.

Dave

• carla
    carla

Could you please include about how long ago this happened? Reason is, some of you are only in your 30's or so, and my jw claims, 'nobody today would get df'd for....' when I have told him about things like the YMCA or some of the other reasons. I tell him, 'yes, these things do happen today!", but then I should remember the brick wall I am talking to.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Wow you guys are all criminals. I would like to hear from someone who put up Christmas lights at there local Klingdom Hall or put a wreath on the door.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Oh MY GOD!!!!! An elder really did that out in field service!!!!! I've never heard of anything like that before...

Oh, I D'Aed myself because I no longer believed the same as the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit