What's the dubs' most ridiculous teaching?

by ozziepost 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I haven't heard this one yet and it is my all time favorite rediculous dub teaching;

Jesus the angel

Jesus the man

Jesus the vaporous spirit

Jesus who came back already invisibly

(I ask them if Jesus is floating around the upper atmosphere on his throne chair somewhere's)

You know the answer; blank stare

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

All of them are ridiculous.

However one of , the worst ones for me is the idea that victims of child abuse should be punished while the perpetrators are held in good standing. I am not overly enthusiastic about the shunning policy either.

Both of those seem to show what loving people jws really are.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    11-1-93 Watchtower page 14

No wonder I missed "the ships of kittim" - I left in '86

Old light bruce

ps: Great thread ozzie -

---

The creator of the universe is male.

His supreme creation is man.

His headquarters are in Brooklyn NY.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

unc,

Youse greedy sod, you! I asked ya wot woz the most ridiculous teaching? Not all of 'em, ya burke!!

Now why don't ya come up to the big smoke on Sunday?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Children will be destroyed at Armageddon because of the choices of their parents.

Animals will all be vegetarian.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Had a good laugh reading this - cannot believe I once believed these cartoonish beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

Haven't had time to read all of this thread (will do so later, I need alaugh) so I may well be repeating what someone else has said, but the most ridiculous teaching is:

That they are God's Organization. Laughable.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Had a good laugh reading this - cannot believe I once believed these cartoonish beliefs

me too LOL

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well, if you had said "outrageous" instead of ridiculous, I would say that its Jehovah (or Jesus, I never did figure it out) killing all non-JW's at Armageddon. But under "ridiculous", I would say it's the teaching that ALL paranormal phenomena, including millions of near-death and out-of-body experiences, both adults and little children recalling vivid details of past liuves, and countless incidents of deja vu and apparations of dead loved ones, are all the work of Satan and his horde of demons who are so absolutely bored stiff and mischievous, that this is their primary reason for existence: to destroy human souls by continually playing out the ridiculous tree of knowledge fable over and over every day with every human soul on earth, as if the God of Love is going to permanently destroy anyone for being so "arrogant" as to believe that their spirit cannot be totally annihilated. Then, according to them, numerous Masters throughout history who have taught reincarnation, including Buddha, the Dalai Lama, many of the great philosophers, most of the early Church fathers, and 2/3 of the world automatically become "satanists" doomed to everlasting cutting off.

I believe, this is the epitome of, the apex of, the uber-ultimate Pharisee Judgmentalism that is the Watchtower. The amount of negative karma they are creating for themselves might set them back to the first few nanoseconds after the Big Bang.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit