Three Questions.... measure your healing.

by AK - Jeff 21 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

1. I've only been out of the org for 4 months

2. Probably 4 or 5, so almost half way there

3. I still use some expressions I used in the org, but it doesn't really influence my decisions very much, although I do sometimes feel a very slight tinge of guilt about some things I do.

• Chimene
    Chimene

Thanks Dave! I didn't realize how emotionally messed I was from all of the JW mess until I came here, and I have been so relieved the more I read, every day I feel better and better!

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

• How many years have you been out of the organization? Not official out yet. Maybe about 9 months know the truth behind the truth
    • On a scale of 1-10, ten being completely free of the pain, one being raw and still hurting with intensity, How much healing have you accomplished since leaving? 9.5 have no pain, had no pain.
    • Related to number 2 - how much of your mind have you recaptured? How often do your decisions still bring Watchtower theology into play when making them? 90%, I think I am free of all theology. Some of the moral values maybe have some left overs, but almost none I think. some moreal things are not that bad, and more common sense (like love your parents) so, would not call then left overs.

DANNY

• daystar
    daystar

• How many years have you been out of the organization?

Since 1991

• On a scale of 1-10, ten being completely free of the pain, one being raw and still hurting with intensity. How much healing have you accomplished since leaving.

This is difficult to say. There is still a lot of bitterness towards the organization for being such a primary cause in so many of the problems that my family has had to face. I can honestly say that I had likely swept some of it under the rug. The JWD has helped me to bring some of it out and sweep it out the door! Maybe an 8.9?

• Related to number 2 - how much of your mind have you recaptured? How often do your decisions still bring Watchtower theology into play when making them?

Oh, I've been free from that for a while. There are still the unconscious nuggets I find lying around my psyche here and there. But the theology, the doctrine is gone.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh if it were that easy.

I was out for 10 years before I began to think about the damage it does to people.

While I have a JW mindset anymore, I still have family in, even if I wouldn't want to see them if the shunning was gone. But that does have some impact.

As for how much of their thinking is gone. Just about all of it. Now when I read something I can see how far I have come

• mariposa
    mariposa

Well, I haven't been to a meeting in almost 4 years, but I had wanted to go back for almost the entire time. It's been maybe 3-4 months since I started to SEE what the org really was.

I would say I was at about a five. Some days are good and I don't think about it, but other days, whew..I just can't get the crap out of my head.

I think I've got most of my mind back. It helps that I spent more years of my life out of the troof than in. Making more decisions on my own w/o a jw filter is a whole helluva lot easier now. Then again, while I was there i made alot of decisions on my own anyway.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Great post AK,

I know that much of the WTBTS and my upbringing will be with me forever. I cannot take that back but what I work on in transforming the painful experiences and integrating them into my overall being. I can honestly say that I would not trade my childhood with anyone else's.

I've been out since 1998.

Fear has been completely eliminated (consciously-although there may be subconscious cobwebs here and there).

I only still get in an uproar when child abuse issues come up. For the most part, I feel that I've healed, however.

Blessings,

~Brigid

• acadian
  • How many years have you been out of the organization?
  • A little over 4 years, DAed 2001
  • On a scale of 1-10, ten being completely free of the pain, one being raw and still hurting with intensity, How much healing have you accomplished since leaving?
  • Related to number 2 - how much of your mind have you recaptured? How often do your decisions still bring Watchtower theology into play when making them?
  • 110% -- Never
  • Acadian

• caligirl
    caligirl

• How many years have you been out of the organization? Going on 10 now.
  • On a scale of 1-10, ten being completely free of the pain, one being raw and still hurting with intensity, How much healing have you accomplished since leaving? I'd say a 3 - with the biggest remaining pain being my parents are still in.
  • Related to number 2 - how much of your mind have you recaptured? How often do your decisions still bring Watchtower theology into play when making them? 100% - Though the theology still comes to mind, it has no actual bearing on the decisions that I make.
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

• How many years have you been out of the organization? The last time I went to a meeting (I think it was a Sunday and it was with my mother) was in 1988. That's also the year of the last time I went to a district assembly. My last memorial was in 1989 - I don't know what I was thinking other than it might still be the truth.

• On a scale of 1-10, ten being completely free of the pain, one being raw and still hurting with intensity, How much healing have you accomplished since leaving? I'd have to say 10 only because I really didnt have a lot of trauma coming out of the bOrg. I had never been baptised as a jw, I had no close jw friends, according to the jws my parents are pretty spiritually weak and have never shunned me, and the jw relatives I do have I hardly ever see and when I do see them it's not a issue (at least it's not for me).

• Related to number 2 - how much of your mind have you recaptured? How often do your decisions still bring Watchtower theology into play when making them? Most of it but I stll have a hard time making friends and maintaining friendships - I know that is a leftover from my long time association with the jws.
  • Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit