Three Questions.... measure your healing.

by AK - Jeff 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Rate yourself as far as healing from the abuse of the organization. Time is a great healer, so I believe those who can state many years out, will also state a high rate of healing has occured for them.

• How many years have you been out of the organization?
    • On a scale of 1-10, ten being completely free of the pain, one being raw and still hurting with intensity, How much healing have you accomplished since leaving?
    • Related to number 2 - how much of your mind have you recaptured? How often do your decisions still bring Watchtower theology into play when making them?

I don't have a 'formula', but I have an opinion of how this will go. Be honest. Healing starts with honesty, IMO

Jeff

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

AK-Jeff

I've only been out about 6 months.

I feel I'm about a 7/8 as far as healing.

I feel like I've recaptured vast amounts of my mind, but then something happens or I read something and then I realize how little my mind has actually been exposed to. So I don't know if we can be our own judges as far as how much of our own minds we've recaptured. WT theology hardly ever comes to mind anymore when I make decisions. It doesn pop up sometimes but then I purposely do the exact opposite just out of spite....he he he

• slugga
    slugga
    Related to number 2 - how much of your mind have you recaptured? How often do your decisions still bring Watchtower theology into play when making them?

If you were born into it how do you know where "YOU" begins and the Brother Ends?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

• How many years have you been out of the organization? 2 Years
    • On a scale of 1-10, ten being completely free of the pain, one being raw and still hurting with intensity, How much healing have you accomplished since leaving? 6. I still sometimes have nightmares. I still hurt about past issues. But its so much less now then it used to be. Which was all the time!
    • Related to number 2 - how much of your mind have you recaptured? How often do your decisions still bring Watchtower theology into play when making them? 7. I'm getting there. I still found myself spurting out so called 'facts' at times. And then I realise the credability of them, well it isn't credible at all!
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

• On a scale of 1-10, ten being completely free of the pain, one being raw and still hurting with intensity, How much healing have you accomplished since leaving?

• Related to number 2 - how much of your mind have you recaptured? How often do your decisions still bring Watchtower theology into play when making them?

• 90%

• 0% on the second part of the question. I do things on purpose against WT theology in making descisions. LOL make descisions was the lyrics of a song I was listening to as typing the phrase.
  • Chimene
    Chimene

I've been out for 1 year. I think probably in the past 3 months or so, I finally stopped using watchtower theology in every day things.

My pain and suffering went down astronomically after joining this site

• ferret
    ferret

Been out 25 years. free from all brainwashing. But still would rate at about 8 out of 10 because I still have 3 daughters in that are shunning me.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Since 1995

Some days 10 some days 3. Varies quite a bit, probably an average of 6-7? I'm more of a deny and suppress kind of gal ( whinch I know is horrible! ) so I haven't reallly dealt with a lot but I'm really making an effort to deal and heal and move on. Just in baby steps.

Hmmm,,,,,,,, I don't really know how to answer this. I would say quite a bit on the doctrinal stuff, not so much on the social aspects/emotional aspects. I am able to recognize immediately ( well sometimes ) if my decisions are being influenced by the WTS

Dams

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Been out 25 years. free from all brainwashing. But still would rate at about 8 out of 10 because I still have 3 daughters in that are shunning me.

Ferret - after 25 years they still shun you? Wow! [[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]] I thought I was over the 'hate' part of getting out... but this sort of shit just makes me seeth!! Jeff

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I still found myself spurting out so called 'facts' at times. And then I realise the credability of them, well it isn't credible at all!

Yes, I've found myself doing that same thing! You trace your "fact" back in your mind and realize it's coming from an Awake magazine. And I still mistakenly believe I know "the Bible", when of course all I know is JW theology, with some partial Bible knowledge as a result.

I've been out for a year and a half, but it feels like much more. I feel like I've been out all my life. Weird.

On the pain thing, I'm probably a 9. I'm not a ten since I can still be sidelined by a good shunning, but that's rare.

On the thinking thing, it's still in there. I'm probably 7 or 8 now, working toward 10 as I daily find and fix the thinking the Watchtower kindly implanted in me.

Chimene, that's so good to hear! Glad you got a boost here!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit