My Journey Out of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Carolina M 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carolina M
    Carolina M
    After the elders informed me about the requirements for becoming a Jehovah's Witness, I responded
    as follows a week later. I had another session with them on the 06/11/05, because they had to
    convince me that "the faithful and discreet slave is Jehovah God's arrangement for His people
    on earth". Before becoming a "witness" I had to accept this doctrine.
    I was unconvinced by "the faithful and discreet slave and stopped associating with the witnesses.
    After our meeting on Sunday, 30/10/2005, I came to the conclusion that:
    (A) I now need another few sessions with the elders in order for me to become
    convinced of "the faithful and discreet slave's role";
    (Afterwards they will decide whether I am witness material.)
    But from Jehovah God's viewpoint, I need to serve all people {I Timothy 4:11-16}.
    And although Jehovah God, in His Word says:
    "[10] You are my witnesses", is the utterance of Jehovah,
    even my servant whom I have chosen , in order that
    you may know and have faith in me , and that you may
    understand that I am the same One . Before me there
    was no God formed," and after me there continued
    to be none. [11] I - I am Jehovah, and besides me
    there is no Savior." {Isaiah 43:10-11}
    On previous occasions, when I asked about my position according to Jehovah, I was told that I am in the queue.
    An elder said to me: "We don't belong to Jehovah's witnesses; we are Jehovah's witnesses."
    (Throughout my Bible study
    this was very confusing for me.)
    (B) I believe that "the slave" directs this organisation ( I am not so sure of Jehovah's organisation
    anymore) the way he thinks is right, not the way Jehovah always approve of it.
    (C) What I will do is continue being a slave as Jesus was described in Philippians 2:7 and
    serve people with my God, Jehovah's love and beauty.
    If the slave is not willing to budge, then it is not worth the effort to become a publisher.
    (Although I have this urgency
    in my spirit, because "millions"
    of lives are at stake.)
    (D) I will continue worshipping Jehovah God with the "manmade Jehovah's witnesses" until He
    directs me otherwise, because Romans 12:19 says: "Vengeance is mine, I will repay,"
    (E) If I stay away {I Corinthians 15:33} like in Proverbs 18:1 then Jehovah will be unable to give
    Satan an answer.{Proverbs 27:11} (It is challenging to be
    And the enemy will rob me of Jehovah God's promises as he is doing amongst people with
    with "the witnesses". little faith.)
    I want us to have another look at the "watchtower" of 30 October 2005.
    (F) My only desire is to do Jehovah's will {I John 2:17} and live up the work that He,
    through His Son Jesus Christ, started in me {Philippians 1:6}.
    (G) I agree to only one more session.
    2 Points that stood out in the Watchtower meeting on Sunday, 30 October 2005, are:
    (I could sense that the elders were aware of my views, because some of the
    questions were directed at me)
    1 Regarding paragraph 8 - will Jesus allow poisonous food? (Not on list of questions and debatable.)
    Off course not, but if we do not keep constant watch then Satan will provide us with additives.
    We all know and have seen what effect additives in food have on the body.
    I have identified a few additives from "the slave" in our "food at a proper time":
    e.g. "new order", "imperfect humans" (excuses for behaviour), "in our time", "Christendom", "Jesus came in 1914".
    (Can be very appealing if
    we are not watchful.)
    2 Why were we told to follow Jesus' footsteps "closely and not perfectly"? (Not on the list, now I sensed sensitivity.)
    If I look at the picture, it seems as if the way was paved for us, we only need to put our feet in the existing prints;
    the model prints are there {1 Peter 2:21-25}.
    If we say that we won't be able to follow Jesus' footsteps perfectly, then we are excusing our sinful behaviour/
    out of control situation; and then Ephesians 4:22-24 does not apply to us.
    If we are unable to do this, then what is the purpose of our baptism?????????? {II Corinthians 5:17, Romans 6:4-18}.
    Jehovah God give it so clear and make it so easy to be perfect in II Timothy 3:16 & 17.
    If we are truly :
    dedicated;
    blood washed,
    spirit anointed children
    of the true God, Jehovah, then life is beautiful, pleasurable, abundant, aagh just stunning!!!!!!
  • diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I am confused....are you in or are you out or have you simply not decided yet?

Whichever it is....welcome to the forum!

DB74

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Welcome to the Forum.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Carolina M, and welcome to the forum.

I am a little confused as well, are you a baptised jw or not?

If you are, you are on the right journey, stay on it. If you are not, don't bother, stay well clear of it.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi and WELCOME to our nut nice "house".

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

As you are considering all this, you need to do some research into the translation of the Bible the Jehovah's Witnesses use. It make alllll the difference, and they can't maintain their doctrine without it.

Welcome!

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

Welcome to the forum!

Curlygirl

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Welcome to the board. I suggest you continue to take your time, do research and not make any commitment you have doubts with. Two Sundays ago the Watchtower study had special "encouragement" for people just like you who are "riding the fence". Remember that once you are baptized there is no turning back in the sense that leaving becomes very difficult and creates many problems. More research on the history of the organization and reading some books by ex-members may help you alot in understanding the religion.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

HI, and welcome! Do take the journey slowly. Life is too precious to waste it believing a lie.

• joelbear
    joelbear

welcome you convoluted rascal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit