"The True Power of Water".... what a book...

by AK - Jeff 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Brigid:

I appreciate your skepticism, FD, I think it is healthy. But don't be afraid to look at that which cannot yet be "measured" by our as yet limited perception.

I'm not afraid at all. And, fortunately, Emoto's claims can be measured. (If they could not, they would be outside the realm of science.) Emoto has not used double-blind testing, allowing the possibility of bias. A far better study on the subject was done by a group of high school students who did understand the double-blind method, and, while they found no evidence supporting Emoto's outrageous claims, were honest enough to admit that their sample sizes were too small to be considered conclusive. See http://66.201.42.16/viewitem.php3?id=910&catid=510&kbid=ionsikc

I think most scientists believe it would be relatively trivial to disprove Emoto's wacky claims. However, I would imagine they're quite happy not to waste their time until he starts using scientific methodology. Otherwise, he will continue to be viewed as a quack.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One point I truly appreciated in the book was the concept that Love and Graciousness were powerful words that, even in his less that FD standards of testing, proved to be powerful mechanisms to the humans and elements in his testing. I cannot see why it could not prove to be true that vibrations that resonate from deep within could influence both the micro and macrocosms of our universe.

Many unexpainable situations exist in the universe - the concept of 'black holes' was largely considered balleyhoo by the 'scientific' community not many decades ago - it is now considered fact - sometime in the future it may be balleyhood again. Those who have been adversely affected by voodoo know it is real - for whatever reason - though the 'scientific' community still considers it foolish. The so called 'scientists' themselves have often worn the dunce hat in retrospect. Who will wear it next?

Jeff

• trevor
    trevor

AK-Jeff

You would enjoy the books by the scientist Lyall Watson, such as Gifts of unknown things and Supernature. He explains some of the unexplained phenomena of water and says that science does not yet fully understand all there is to know about water. I think we should alway keep an open mind and be prepared to change our view of the world as it is presently understood. It encourages discovery and progress and is good mental exercise.

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

AK-Jeff----

I have read that book as well and I agree with you. I don't care that it may sound naive to some but, I believe that if we all approached everything with a general air of love------we would all be much happier people. Science has brought us great things----I don't dispute this but, when it comes to the human condition, who wants to talk about science?!! There are some things that we just FEEL. That we just KNOW. We have become a civilization full of people who are uncomfortable with feeling. Besides, how could anything that makes us want to be better,happier,healthier be a bad thing?

curlygirl

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

AK - Jeff:

One point I truly appreciated in the book was the concept that Love and Graciousness were powerful words that, even in his less that FD standards of testing, proved to be powerful mechanisms to the humans and elements in his testing.

Certainly the ideas of love and graciousness are important to humans. They are positive emotions that can influence our actions in a beneficial way. No argument there. Water, however, is a compound of hydrogen and oxygen and cannot distinguish the meanings of words, or the emotions those words produce in humans. The idea is as absurd as it sounds, and is not supported by any real evidence.

I cannot see why it could not prove to be true that vibrations that resonate from deep within could influence both the micro and macrocosms of our universe.

Of course it could be true. Quantum vibrations are a real part of science. What happens is that quacks like Emoto equivocate this kind of vibration with the more colloquial use of the term (as in the Bee Gees' song "Good Vibrations") when there is no demonstrable relationship between them. ("Energy" and quantum "uncertainty" are other common scientific terms commonly bastardised by charlatans.)

Many unexpainable situations exist in the universe - the concept of 'black holes' was largely considered balleyhoo by the 'scientific' community not many decades ago

But nobody just invented the idea wholesale. It had been thought of as far back as the 18th century, but it wasn't until Einstein's theory of General Relativity that there was a framework which led theoretical physicists to the conclusion that such objects were inevitable. There was considerable debate (as is common and proper in the scientific community) over whether black holes would actually exist in nature or just in a theoretically ideal universe.

- it is now considered fact - sometime in the future it may be balleyhood again.

Very unlikely, given the sound theoretical basis, and indirect observations. The details or theoretical basis may change, but the existence of black holes is strongly supported by huge amounts of evidence.

Those who have been adversely affected by voodoo know it is real - for whatever reason - though the 'scientific' community still considers it foolish.

Of course it's considered foolish. Voodoo is primitive superstition that has no basis in reality.

The so called 'scientists' themselves have often worn the dunce hat in retrospect. Who will wear it next?

Those who believe in voodoo and mood-altered water, perhaps.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sorry to have shared this. It has ruined the good spirit that I had about this matter.

I agree that Emoto has not 'proven' his theory, in the quantitive and qualitive way that you would think it needs to be proven, Funky. But I think he has clearly 'demonstrated' that there may be more to some things than meet the eye. Not every matter is clearly either 'scientific' or 'non-scientific' in nature. Many unexplained and curious matters exist in the universe.

Funky - no need to reply. I have no desire for you to pick my every word apart and attack it. I am not a foolish man. I do not need some kid half my age telling me I am so.

Jeff

• Legolas
    Legolas

That looks like an interesting book!

Is it an easy read?

If so I will give it a try!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Legolas - it is an easy read. He has produced many pictures of the phenon he points to in the book of water forming ice crystals in some cases and not in others. I found it interesting and it brought me a sense of peace in reading it too. It has an eastern flavor.

Jeff

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Legolas - it is an easy read. He has produced many pictures of the phenon he points to in the book of water forming ice crystals in some cases and not in others. I found it interesting and it brought me a sense of peace in reading it too. It has an eastern flavor.

Thanks Jeff that sounds like just what I need to read!

I am even going to start yoga and tai chi, I really need to get in a better frame of mind!

Thanks again.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Ding Ding!!! to your corners gentlemen.

G'day AK - What FD says is just the basic boring stock standard bland 'we know best' stuff you can get in any high school science class.

Some of what you've said on the otherhand is at the cutting edge of true science (you rest in the company of the great 'quacks' - Einstein, Tesler, Freud, Jung and others who pushed the boundries and came up with new understandings of life etc..

The great German water expert Victor Shwarberger was similasrly dismissed and dramatically proved his detractors wrong.

True scientists like all the above men, are quick to admit the limitations of scientific method in exploring the truths around us.

best wishes - armchair critics suck - explorers rule!

PS:

The Dopey Derek's of this world said that electricity was witchcraft.

The Dopey Derek's of this world said that hypnotism was delusion.

The Dopey Dereks of this world forget the computer in front of them only works because of applied 'witchcraft.'

The Dopey Dereks of this world rarely add antything creative or new.

Let's face it.. The Dopey Dereks of this world just ain't too bright.

Note: Any resemblence betwix Funky and Dopey Dereks is purely on purpose and for fun and in the name of uplifting a downtrodden soul (no correspondence entered into FD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit