"The True Power of Water".... what a book...

by AK - Jeff 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I just finished this fellow's book - "The True Power of Water". In it the basic precept of 'hado' is explained and he proves with experimental evidence his theorum of life vibrations to the quality of life...

The below is an introduction on his website; www.hado.com

I have found this to be facsinating in spite of my 'western' thinking and predudices. The arguments that he had it right are compelling. If anyone has read this he would have to look at the universe in a different light. I know I do.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sorry for the poor formatting.

Jeff

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Sorry for the poor formatting

Don't be. Be sorry instead for the pseudoscience. An obvious blunder is Emoto's referring to an ice crystal as a molecule. He also uses new-agey interpretations of scientific words such as vibration and energy. It's just more wacky nonsense obscuring the truth and beauty of real science.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for the immediate 'glass of cold water in my face', Funkyderek. Nice!

Funny how 'psuedoscience' often becomes real science, huh? Newton, Franklin, others were just 'quacks' at one point too.

I am not saying that I swallow every word as gospel. But I believe he has a point.

Jeff

• LDH
    LDH

Yes, if you enjoyed this book, you will enjoy the multi-Oscar winning movie "What the Bleep do we know."

Lisa

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

How sad. I post about a book that I found uplifting and postive, and the first comments I get are negative and sarcastic.

Jeff

• damselfly
    damselfly

My friend told me about this a few years ago but I haven't really looked into it. I found it interesting from a karma point of view. Think about expressions we have have like "you reap what you sow" If you as a person try to put out postive energy do you tend to attract postive energy back to you?

I really don't think that science has discovered everything there is to discover, there is lots more out there to reseach and experiment on.

To dismiss something first hand without researching it further and putting it thru the scientific method is shortsighted in my opinion.

This may be proven ~ this may be disproven Who knowns?

Dams

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

AK-Jeff

Thanx for the immediate 'glass of cold water in my face', Funkyderek. Nice!

Nothing personal. It's a fascinating idea, just one that appears to have no basis in fact. If I was led to buy snake oil, I'd appreciate someone letting me know.

Funny how 'psuedoscience' often becomes real science, huh?

Actually, it's reassuring how rarely it happens.

Newton, Franklin, others were just 'quacks' at one point too.

Nonsense. Their ideas were certainly rigorously questioned before being accepted. Such is the nature of science.

I am not saying that I swallow every word as gospel. But I believe he has a point.

He definitely has a point, namely that the smallest unit of energy is based on the energy of human consciousness. This point has no basis in fact, however, and is apparently just an invention of "Dr." Emoto's which he propagates in order to peddle his books.

• Brigid
    Brigid

<<obscuring the truth and beauty of real science>>

You're right, FD, science is beautiful. Are we at the end of everything there is to possibly know about the Universe that surrounds us? Should we stop questioning and probing with our absolute certainty that we are the end of evolution--you mean it doesn't get any better than us? (Every generation wants to be the last). I certainly hope not. And I hope like so many breakthroughs adventurous scientists have made science will continue to enlighten mankind. Darwin's theory was scoffed at by the status quo scientists of his era. There is a great fear among some scientists to not look "foolish" in front of their colleagues, but those who break out and continue to look and question the workings of our Universe like curious children (no rock unturned, no crevice too dark) make the most radical, useful discoveries.

Has anyone studied the String Theory? Everything is tied together at the quantum level so why can't our thoughts have effects on other "things" in our Universe. The idea that we're somehow separate from that glass of water is just part of our illusion.

I appreciate your skepticism, FD, I think it is healthy. But don't be afraid to look at that which cannot yet be "measured" by our as yet limited perception.

Peace,

~Brigid

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

I read this book a while back. It was introduced to me by the movie 'What the Bleep'. I think it is cool to explore the 'possibilities'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit