Are you tempted to celebrate V-Day with your DUB mate?

by stillAwitness 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheListener
    TheListener

Well, now that my simple one word reply has been shown up by AuldSoul I will add this:

I've bought a card and I'm giving it to my wife today.

Housework?, candlelit fast food?, brownies? - Stop giving us apostate a bad name.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Yes but instead I get to go to the meeting and teach corrupt doctrine's to a bunch of people who really could care less... I cant wait to go the freakin meeting tonight.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I know mine wouldn't mind at all.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

When I was a younger dub a few of us used to get V cards for each other in the cong.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Yes but instead I get to go to the meeting and teach corrupt doctrine's to a bunch of people who really could care less... I cant wait to go the freakin meeting tonight. Think that's bad? I have a talk!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Well, phase one went well. She was BLOWN AWAY by the way the house looked. She's not feeling very well physically but that certainly boosted her spirits. She knows I'm working strange magics in the kitchen, and she knows I consider this a Valentine's Day celebration.

Just before she laid down for her nap she said, "But you don't celebrate Valentine's Day."

I said, "Why not?"

She said, "Because you never have before."

I said, "Can you think of any day of the year on which I should choose to AVOID celebrating our love?"

She made a grunting noise and smiled, "No, but..."

"Then it's settled. I can celebrate our love on any day or days I choose to, right?"

She looked a little irritated and shot back, "Then do it every day!"

I said, "I prove I love you every day, but if we celebrate it every day then no days are special. I think we need to change that and start making some days besides just our Anniversary special, don't you?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I guess so. I don't really mind, I guess."

I think that went GREAT! Can't wait to give her the brownie and poem...

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Poor stillA and exB.E.here!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

AuldSoul

• xjwms
    xjwms

My wife would give me a ...ya right

and be pissyyyeeee for the rest of the day.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    I think that went GREAT! Can't wait to give her the brownie and poem...

Aww, AuldSoul, I'm glad your day is going well. You're melting my heart here, sounds like you really know how to treat a girl!! I hope your girl appreciates all that you're doing for her, you're really putting a lot of effort into this.

I'm jealous!!

-Becka :)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A few years ago my mother married a non-believer.

Early in their marriage he thought it would be nice to send her flowers on Vday. They were delivered to the house and she, in her own unique and cruel way grabbed the flowers and in front of him threw them into the garbage at the end of her tyraid. And of course she had to make sure to tell us in front of him how"bad" he was for buying her flowers. I felt bad for him even then (I was still a dub).

My mother has NEVER been known for her tactfullness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit