Are you tempted to celebrate V-Day with your DUB mate?

by stillAwitness 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Whoa!

Prime example of a liberal DUB family.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Valentine's Day just isn't the same anymore. The boxes of cards we used to buy in the 1960's were adorable and cute. Today they all have cartoon characters on them. If I could find the old fashioned type cards, I'd buy Andy one. He's not a dub.

• atypical
    atypical

good thread - i was planning to get a gift for my wife (active jw) for valentines day, a heart pendant necklace with a ruby and diamond. However, we got into a huge fight about the jw religion, so now I can't decide.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    i was planning to get a gift for my wife (active jw) for valentines day, a heart pendant necklace with a ruby and diamond. However, we got into a huge fight about the jw religion, so now I can't decide.

I'd say get it for her anyway. You love her, right?? It's just a day to make a special effort to show her that you love her and that she means the world to you. Even if she still thinks that the day is evil, she'll at least see that you love her and want to show her that.

-Becka :)

• atypical
    atypical

Thanks Becka. I know you are right, but I am feeling pretty hurt. I have been maligned lately almost on a daily basis by people from the hall she still attends. Last night she asked me why I can't just move on with my life. That's what started the huge fight.

Again, though, I think you are right. The best thing I could really do is prove to be reasonable and a good husband.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    The best thing I could really do is prove to be reasonable and a good husband.

From your concern, I can see that you already are reasonable and a good husband, if you weren't, you wouldn't be concerned about it at all.

You have to figure out your life and your issues on your own, don't let her push your buttons and make you angry, it's your life and you'll figure it out eventually. In the meantime, I know you love her, I can see that in your posts, so I say do whatever you want to do to make your love for her known, to make sure that she can see how much you care about her. She'll appreciate it, whether she lets you know or not.

Happy Valentine's Day, atypical. I hope you have a good day with your wife.

• atypical
    atypical

Thanks for the kind words, Becka. You made this bad day a little better.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Thanks for the kind words, Becka. You made this bad day a little better.

No problem, atypical, you're very welcome. I don't think I said anything special, though, just what I could see from your posts. I know you're a good man, I can see that. I guess you just needed someone to point that out. We all have bad days sometimes, I'm glad I could make yours a little better.

I hope tomorrow is a better, brighter day for you.

• carla
    carla

I used to use that logic too, just because he doesn't celebrate doesn't mean I can't. After ahwile when they leave cards or gifts unopened it loses it's appeal. Before dubdum came into our lives we used to make cards some years. Now, I just get kids flowers and cards (or make them) and candy or make something chocolate heart shaped. He can sit there and miss out now.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Silly me! I've been skimming past this thread title and thinking, "Gracious! Is someone so young (StillAWitness) really that excited about events from 61 years ago? She's actually anticipating a celebration on 5 May??" ...Until I finally opened this thread and helped myself out of the dream.

V.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit