Are you tempted to celebrate V-Day with your DUB mate?

by stillAwitness 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

Red is the colour for Valentines with roses being most popular, but most red flowers are more expensive on that day. It's a good day for florists around the world they get a bonus day of profits, and lovers enjoy a feast of flowers.

• carla
    carla

Silly me! I've been skimming past this thread title and thinking, "Gracious! Is someone so young (StillAWitness) really that excited about events from 61 years ago? She's actually anticipating a celebration on 5 May??" ...Until I finally opened this thread and helped myself out of the dream.

V.----------------------haha, that gave me pause for a moment too! But, then I remembered what board I was on. silly.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The first year out I bought my (now ex-) wife a single red rose, with no pagan card or anything

She hit the roof

I told her I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't, given that I now could, and how she'd previously intimated that she'd enjoyed the few she got at school. The joys of Mars and Venus hitting a cultic-equinox!

• jojochan
    jojochan
    I sent my JW boyfriend a Valentine's Day card last week, so he should get it in time for Tuesday.

Super becka, he'd be a dummy if he did'nt like it.

I would if someone did that for me.

jojochan.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Super becka, he'd be a dummy if he did'nt like it.

I would if someone did that for me.

He's a JW, so of course he's a dummy when it comes to appreciating special occasions.

Aww, jojochan, nobody should have to be lonely for Valentine's Day. PM me your email address and I'll gladly send you an e-card.

-Becka :)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My hubby asked me this morning what I wanted for Vday. (He's inactive, but still considers himself JW). With him probably going on strike with his job on Wednesday, I told him not to buy anything - what I'd really love is for him to cook me dinner and do the dishes afterwards! Now that's a treat!!!! lol

BB

• jojochan
    jojochan

LOL at becky!

But don't hesitate to give him a kind "nugde" once in ahwhile to remind him, he won't mind.

jojochan.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I'm just sad no have no Valentine...

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

What's up with that sentence... Sheesh! Even I can't understand what I just wrote.

• TheListener

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit