Are you tempted to celebrate V-Day with your DUB mate?

by stillAwitness 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Early in their marriage he thought it would be nice to send her flowers on Vday. They were delivered to the house and she, in her own unique and cruel way grabbed the flowers and in front of him threw them into the garbage at the end of her tyraid. And of course she had to make sure to tell us in front of him how"bad" he was for buying her flowers.

LL, that's horrible, I can't believe she'd do something like that. Whatever happened to being thankful for gifts??

I hope my JW boyfriend doesn't angrily throw out the Valentine's Day card that I sent him. It's just my way of showing him that I care.

-Becka :)

• xjwms
    xjwms

Lady Lee

ouch

thats a story all right

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((Lady Lee's stepdad))) poor guy!

Well, on my personal quest I can report EXTREME success. To top it off, she's going to bed (still feeling "cyclically" poor physically) on a meeting night. The heart shaped Valentine brownie was a smash filled with "Aww"s and "That is SOOO cute"s and such. She said, "You remembered I don't like chocolates, didn't you? That's why you made me brownies instead!"

She didn't want me to cut it, at first, "I don't want you to mess up the heart!" But she enjoyed eating it. Especially at this "cyclical" time, brownies earns me brownie points no matter what they are shaped like.

All in all, the best part was when she teared up from reading the poem. But missing the meeting tonight comes a close second. BTW, she FORGOT her meeting this past Sunday. I'm not getting my hopes up yet...who am I kidding, yes I am.

I am so amped!

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• atypical
    atypical

Good for you, AuldSoul! I'm glad it went well.

Well, I took Super Becka's advice and went ahead and bought my wife a valentine present, too. I didn't want to, as I am still very upset about the "Why can't you move on?" comment, but I got a lot of good advice about making a point to be an extra good husband, and I took it. Besides, what better way to show I have moved on? I bought her a nice piece of jewelry ( I have bought her very little jewelry, and I think this is a sore point for her) and went to her work. I asked her to come outside and gave it to her. I was afraid of what reaction I might get, but she absolutely loved it. I told her that she might want to be discreet for her own sake (their are witnesses at her job, and the present is a diamond-ruby heart pendant, so it will be obvious that it's for valentine's), but she said, "I don't care, they aren't my friends" So all in all it went pretty well.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Congrats on the Valentine's Day gift success, atypical, I knew your wife would really appreciate it. So what if it was a blatantly Valentine's Day-related gift?? It's not the "occasion" that counts, it's that you took the time and made the effort to give her something special to show her how much she means to you. And that's what Valentine's Day is all about, going that extra mile to make sure that the special person in your life knows how much they mean to you. And she didn't even care that it was so obviously a Valentine's Day gift, she doesn't care what the JWs at her work think, all that matters to her right now is that you made the effort and gave her a special gift. And not only that, it was a special jewelry gift with diamonds and rubies, it doesn't get much better than that!!

And AuldSoul, sounds like your Valentine's Day was a success, too!! Way to go, I knew she'd love it!! Keep up the good work. Sounds like your girl definitely has a great guy. And who knows, maybe she'll "forget" more meetings in the future. *crosses fingers for AuldSoul*

For me, my JW boyfriend obviously did absolutely nothing for me for Valentine's Day. I got a couple of cards in the mail from my parents, I exchanged chocolates and Valentines with my roommates and a very good friend of mine here on-campus came to my door and hand-delivered three pretty pink roses for me. Sure, my heart is completely broken that I have a sweet guy that I can't share my special days with, but it's nice to have other people to share Valentine's Day with. Maybe I won't cry too much tonight, just a little.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh wow I am so glad so many of you have gotten good responses.

For those of you who don't get positive responses just know it is because they feel they have to "prove a point"

• atypical
    atypical

Becka, I'm sorry your guy didn't do something special for you. You are obviously a great girl. It's too bad that the religious taboo got in the way of him expressing that to you today.

Here's a rose.

• atypical
    atypical

One for you also, Lady Lee. You do some great work around here.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Thank you, atypical, that's just what I needed. I love roses, they're my favourite. Luckily, I have a great friend here who brought me three real roses today, too. There really are some great people out there.

I sent my JW boyfriend a card in the mail last week and an e-card today, and I haven't gotten any response from him just yet. He might not have the card yet, it takes a while for mail to get there from here, but he definitely got the e-card today. I was tired of walking on eggshells around him and I wanted to send him these things for Valentine's Day. I'll be sure to post when I get a response from him, just to let everyone know how it went and to get some input.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit