Are you tempted to celebrate V-Day with your DUB mate?

by stillAwitness 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

My JW hubby LOVES Valentine's day. He has very fond memories of the holiday. I think there were some very good children in his school growing up. He NEVER forgets to get me a card, so I'm getting better at remembering right back. He got something home-made this morning.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Tempted, nothing! I already told her to expect it...have to go shopping today. She said the classic JW, "You can love me 365 days a year, you don't need a special day to tell me that." I said, "Good! That means I don't have to avoid showing you on any of those days, including Valentine's Day." She rolled her eyes.

We're going to have fast food by candle light. (Ain't I romantical?)

But, and here's the cool part, I am doing housework today. That isn't unusual, we usually both pitch in with that, but the extent will be unusual. As in, the floors are already swept and will be freshly mopped, the house is already alf vaccuumed, the bedroom is immaculate, the shower is scrubbed and will have a new new shower curtain, all bathroom surfaces will be disinfected, the kitchen will be sparkling.

Of course, to make this present effective I had to pretend slovenliness for a couple of days...is that deceitful? You may think so, but I am a guy...we're naturally slovenly. It's in our genetic makeup. There are, of course, exceptions that prove the rule, but that is one generalization that I agree with.

In addition, she will be receiving a nice card with a poem I wrote. I do "roses delivered at work" a couple of times a year when they are very unexpected, so I won't do roses for Valentines Day. She doesn't care much for chocolates, but she likes brownies...so guess what I'm baking? If you guessed "Valentine shaped brownie" YOU'RE RIGHT!

I'll let y'all know how it goes. Maybe some ladies can advise me on whether this will make for a good first V-Day celebration.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

[duplicate]

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

[duplicate]

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

[duplicate]

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

[duplicate]

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

AuldSoul, I'm melting over here!! Sounds like you're doing a perfect job of giving your girl a perfect Valentine's Day!! And I'm sure she'll appreciate it all, even if she is a JW.

My boyfriend is a JW and is doing absolutely nothing for me for Valentine's Day. I've already sent him a card, and I'll send him a gift as soon as I can, it'll just be too late for Valentine's Day (alas, I'm a starving student, I'm a little short on funds, I have to buy gifts in installments). He's probably gonna complain about it.

Why do we date JWs and put ourselves through this??

-Becka :)

• carla
    carla

Wow Auld Soul! you are excited about Valentine's Day aren't you? Look at all those posts! heehee

Sounds lovely, if she doens't like it you can come here instead.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    if she doens't like it you can come here instead.

AuldSoul, if she doesn't like it, she's nuts and you're more than welcome to come to my place and spoil me for Valentine's Day instead, I'll definitely like it!!

-Becka :)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    We're going to have fast food by candle light.

LOL! Nothing says "I love you" like a dinner that's designed to harden the arteries!

When I was with my ex we celebrated Valentines day, we just didn't call it "Valentines day".

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit