Wow LittleToe!

by IP_SEC 76 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

BIZUMP for old times sake

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Thanks for the reminder. I enjoyed reading that over again. It's kind of a pity that Little Toe went to a different religion after the wtbts, but I don't think anyone has ever equalled his nerve in giving an exit talk like that.

I wonder what he's doing nowadays?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Little Toe is very happy, why pity him? He has a happy marriage with children and is educated, kind and intelligent. I miss him posting here, tremendously.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

As of tonight: 12,426.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks FHN, I only ever drop in sporadically to check my mailbox, so I never see if any of the old threads resurface. I've been too busy getting on with life. I hope everyone is well!!! Here's a wee update, for those that are interested:

I'm happily remarried with two beautiful little boys, now living in the centre of Scotland, not far from Glasgow, rather than an isolated wee island. I've taken the time to attain a BSc and an MBA and am now finally putting my money where my mouth is, finishing a third degree in theology this year. It's a real eye-opener, and totally puts the lie to almost everything the WTS have to say on just about everything.

I've never made a secret of the fact that I became a very broad minded moderate Calvinist Christian, which precipitated me leaving the JWs. When I lived on the island, by providence rather than choice, I attended my grandfather's original (pre-JW) church, the Free Church of Scotland, which is a fairly strict denomination but was a good transition from the JWs and most importantly it encouraged open and rigorous debate and discussion. When I moved to mainland Scotland about six years ago I started attending the Church of Scotland, which is a far broader church varying from extremes of conservative through liberal, with most sitting somewhere in the middle. They have openly homosexual ministers and those that oppose them, evolutionists and creationists, but manage to muddle through. Most of all there's a place for everyone, no matter where they sit on the spiritual scale, after all, religion should only be a bit of organisation for those of similar spiritual dispositions (unless you take it a little too seriously, that is).

Take care, until the next time :-)

• carla
    carla

Hi Little Toe! Glad to hear you are doing well.

• Laika
    Laika

Hi Littletoe,

Did your theology studies open you to the lies of Calvinism as well?

More seriously I'm glad you're doing well and I'm sad I got to this place too late to engage you in discussion. Look after yourself!

• Simon
    Simon

Good the see your face again LT and hear you're doing well

• jgnat
    jgnat

Awful nice to have you check in, Little Toe. It figures the Scottish church would find a way to live in harmony with dissention amongst its ranks. My heritage is Scottish and even though I have lost the burr, we are an independent, catankerous, stubborn lot.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh Little Toe!!!!So happy to hear your well .Good you popped in before I kick the bucket. I think of you often!
    Happy New year darling &s to you & yours. Remember me I am 86 now wrinkled,bent( no that way)

humpty,back xxxxxx

grace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit